Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

2005-12-06 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005-12-06 London

Ode To The Sun
    Catch Without Arms
    Hung Over On A Tuesday
    Same Ol' Road
    Sanzen
    New Heart Shadow
    Symbol Song
    Movement I: @45°N. 180°W
    Not That Simple
    Zebraskin
    Jamais Vu
    The Tanbark Is Hot Lava
    Triangle
    Of The Room
    Stone By Stone
    Sang Real
    Bug Eyes
    The Ornament
    The Canyon Behind Her
    Yatahaze
    Movement V: 90 Hour Sleep
    Drum Take Down

Amazing. Not as good as the Metro Club show in July obviously but probably a better performance and definitely way longer!

Said they'd be back soon, hopefully next year.

This is all for now - I need some sleep!

That's one hell of a set list!
    - -- --- ----

Comment

Yeah, I'd say. Thanks for the setlist/review, robkismet. Glad you had a good time.

What's this I was reading about Gavin giving away his slide guitar . . . ?

Comment

man I'm so glad they're playing new heart shadow. Amy, where did you hear about this?

ah nevermind, i just read the other thread

Comment

re: 2005-12-06 London

was an awesome gig, with fantastic sound too. Yup Gaving let the crowd have the slide guitar for a bit, then he asked for it back a few songs later but promising whoever had it they could have it back. didn't really see where it went at the end of the set but i'm pretty sure he let the ppl at the front have it.
          What Miracle Is This? This Giant Tree
          It Stands Ten Thousand Feet High
          But Doesn''t Reach The Ground. Still It Stands
          Its Roots Must Hold The Sky

Comment

It was amazing. The set list was great. The best gig I have ever been to by far.

When he threw the slide guitar out I was just to the left and back a row or two from where it was so wasn't near enough to try and get it, but my friend had his hands round it at one point. During one song (I think maybe Tanbark?) I got shifted right over there and ended up standing next to the guy who was holding it, and it was the same guy who got it back at the end.

I'm so glad they said they'd come back (and managed to break the London curse!)

Comment

That was insane, with the slide guitar. One guy grabbed it in his arms, and about 10 people leapt on him and tried to wrestle it from his grasp. I was just off to the right of them, and the crowd pushed my way a couple of times. Then Gavin just asks for it back.

Comment

'right on' - not as good in that the Metro was what journalists refer to as intimate and perhaps visceral*, but it was great, from sound to performance to crowd. I would have bought Reuben's CD too, but I'm on a self-imposed ban until I get a job. The Blackout were just not my thing, for some reason I didn't mind them as much this time. Who can resist a taped up cowbell?

I stood upstairs again, but a bit further back. Good view, and you can watch the lighting guy do his two finger dance.

* Har

Comment

Did you see how many snare's Dino went through??? i was amazed though.
                  I've got a sweaty photo, but they need developing.

I've taped up until The Canyon Behind Her... if you're interested PM/email me. I might soon upload it up archive.org
                  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Incredible show, set list was great. I was one the second row back from the stage and got replies from Gavin and Drew when I shouted requests and stuff. Gavin was hanging around at the front of the stage for a good 20 minutes signing stuff and chatting, I got him to sign my ticket and CD and had a decent chat with him.. Really nice guy. Performance was excellent.

Comment

I think I was one of the few on the front row who DIDN'T catch a drumstick...I got the setlist though. robkismet's setlist is 100% correct...although for some reason on mine Movement I and Movement V are left out. I guess they just consider them extensions of the previous songs.

I was rather annoyed that the guy who appeared to get the slide guitar was also one of the people who was pushing everyone at the front and trying to force himself into the front row. At least he was excited I suppose, but still...

Yeah Dino was still as crazy as ever...considering the whole food poisoning thing. That was a ridiculous amount of snares though.

Anyone else notice how everyone was singing along to everything but when Stone by Stone started the majority of people looked rather confused and everyone stopped singing along

Comment

I was singing to Stone By Stone!

I'm pissed off that I had to leave. I hung around for 10-15 minutes after but then the people I came with (who were driving me home) phoned me and started complaining that they were cold outside so I left. 5 minutes later my friends who were still in there got more drum sticks, drum skins (which they got signed), got albums signed and one of them got the penguin off the amp as well. Bastards!

Oh well

Comment

Wow, you cats got lots of cool stuff. That's awesome. dredg are awesome. Beating Ooga at pool is awesome.

Comment

The last I saw of the slide guitar it was changing onto the Picadilly Line at Holborn.

My tape is the sex 8)

Stone By Stone

Comment

Heya guys last night was fucking brilliant. Got a drum stick, signed skin and was either mark or drew (can't remember which :? violently stamped on one of the albums they were selling near the clockroom, so I got that and got it signed 8) )

Absolutely great start, Reuben were fantasic, was looking forward to seeing them. Great supporting band.

Shame we had to endure the blackout again though....oh well

Comment

Working...
                              X