Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

berlin::nov::24::2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• berlin::nov::24::2005

dear all,

I am so VERY VERY glad to see dredg again tomorrow...:-D

They are playing in Berlin (Columbiahalle), during the Visions festival. Here is the list of bands and the performing hours:

06:00 - 06:30 pm Madsen
    06:50 - 07:35 pm Dredg
    07:55 - 08:40 pm The Soundtrack Of Our Lives
    09:00 - 09:50 pm Life Of Agony
    10:20 - 11:20 pm Turbonegro
    11:50 - 01:00 pm Mando Diao

I'll try to write down the setlist for you then and post it here.

Sandra :-)

I will be in Stuttgart nov 26 ^^

05:50 - 06:35 pm Dredg

Comment

Sweeet, I hope you guys take lots of pics!!!

Comment

Very cool. Hope you guys have a great time .

Comment

Oh I thought dredg would do the tour in Germany as the leading band and not only for 45 min !!! :|

As far as I'm concerned I'll see their show (my first dredg experience) as leading band on 12/3 in Switzerland, I'll try to give you the correct setlist and some pics :P
          I'm so much impatient !!!

Comment

soooo.......how was the show?

Comment

re: berlin::nov::24::2005

hi guys,

the show was GREAT!!!!! Where should I start... would you want the short version or the long version? well, I will try to make it medium size - LOL!

ok, I will start with the set list - but I am not sure about the order of the songs... sorry...

ode to the sun
              the canyon behind her
              of the room
              bug eyes
              same old road
              jamais vu
              the tanbark is hot lava
              yatahaze
              sang real

it was such a great performance... they are put all their emotions in it... sigh!!! breathtaking!!!

I was standing in the 3rd row first, somewhere between gavin and mark, but as soon as they started playing, the fans were jumping like crazy and I was tossed around between 3rd, 4th and then... 2nd row (hahaha, that was the best moment) - LOL!!! tricky, huh? LOL!

gavin said that the have a couple of new songs, and that they always enjoy to play in berlin, and then he thanked for the award (he was referring to being artist of the week) and visions mag for inviting them.

during the concert, dino threw 5 drumsticks into the audience, first he threw 2, then, a couple of songs later, again 2, and then, as gavin took away parts of his drumkit at the end of their show, he threw the 5th one (next time throw one to me, please!;-) ).

people around me were singing along every song, this was fantastic!

so, my camera did not do the best job, however, one picture came out nice (see attached file).

oh, and I have bought a t-shirt, the one for lanting seeds:, it's motive reminds me of some van gogh painting that he made in den haag in 1882 and the other version he painted in Arles in 1888 (I guess in English, these paintings are named :the sowman:, but correct me, please).

Next week, I will be in Hamburg, and I will try to post a correct set list then!

Sandra

Comment

Sounds like an awesome time, Sandra! Thanks for the review. Right on that you'll be seeing them again very soon.

Comment

Gavin's gaining weight again. This makes my girlfriend happy.

Awesome review. You German's know music, fo' real.
                  Originally posted by Gnomad
                  I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                  Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                  do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

re: berlin::nov::24::2005

Thank you, but you should listen to the german charts. GOD DAMN!!! I hate our charts with all of my heart!!! It's just horrible. I suggest listen to Tokio Hotel, Sarah Conor or Schnappi das Krokodil, thats what I'm forced to hear every day. Perhaps because our Charts are so crappy we try to find good music. I think Gavin wants to get fat again cuz he wasn't able to deal with all those groupies, hehe.....

Comment

Gavin's gorgeous either way. Sandra knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Comment

Hi there,

>Right on that you'll be seeing them again very soon.
                        Yes, tomorrow!!!

>Gavin's gaining weight again. This makes my girlfriend happy.
                        More weight = more Gavin LOL!!! Fine for those who can't get enough of him - just a little lesson in female logic - LOL!

>I think Gavin wants to get fat again cuz he wasn't able to deal with all those groupies, hehe.....
                        Envious? :lol:

>Sandra knows what I'm talkin' 'bout.
                        indeed, indeed...

Sandra

Comment

Haha thats funny. "gavins gaining weight". Sorry to bust your bubbles, but its just the picture. He hasn't gained any weight at all, but Im sure its very easy for him to gain it back.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that it was just the angle of the picture. Like it matters either way though (shrugs).

Sandra, be sure to let us know how the other show goes.

Comment

Dear all,

I have found a concert review of that Visions concert (Berlin, Nov 24, 2005) and have translated it:

Link:
                              Online-Musik-Magazin im Bereich Metal, Rock und Gothic mit News,Reviews, Liveberichten, Interviews und Hintergrundartikeln

Original text:

DREDG

Ich glaube, heute habe ich sie gefunden. Die Retter des Musikbusiness. DREDG verstehen es wie keine andere Band Pop, Rock und Prog zu verbinden und dabei gleichermaßen eingängig, unkonventionell und genrefrei zu klingen. Trotz harter Gitarren, abgefahrenen Sounds und unglaublich viel Liebe zum Detail, begeistert das Quartett um Sänger Gavin Hayes sowohl Frickelfreunde als auch alternative Rocker und sogar den Otto-Normal-Radiohörer. Und das ohne jedes kommerzielles Kalkül. Das belegt der schüchterne, natürliche Auftritt nur zu deutlich. Gavin Hayes sagt nur 'Dankeschön' und schon dabei flippen die ersten Reihen aus, während bei Perlen wie 'Ode To The Sun', 'Bug Eyes', 'Same Ol' Road' oder 'The Tanbark Is Hot Lava' gar ein heftiger Pogo das erste Drittel der Halle dominiert. Auf den oberen Rängen schwebt man hingegen eher davon, so gefangen nimmt einen die über allem schwebende Stimme von Gavin Hayes bei 'Jamais Vu'. Ganz nebenbei bedient Hayes noch eine Zither, die zusammen mit dem einmaligen Saitenstil von Mark Engles den einzigartigen Sound dieser Band ausmacht.

Das Alles reicht schon locker aus, um die Fans in Ekstase zu versetzen und mit hoher Sicherheit eine Menge neuer Freunde zu finden, doch mit dem fulminanten Schlusspunkt wird dieser Gig wohl für viele unvergesslich. Verantwortlich dafür ist Schlagzeuger Dino Campanella, der beim letzten Song 'Yakahaze' munter seinen Part, begleitet von Mark Engles und Drew Roulette (b.), weiterspielt, während sein Drumkit schon auseinander genommen wird und ihm nach und nach Snare, Hit-Hat und Bassdrum fehlen. Nichts kann ihn aufhalten, und als das Schlagzeug nicht mehr auf der Bühne steht, spielt er halt noch ein bisschen Klavier. Ganz große Kunst. Und wenn DREDG immer so abräumen wie heute, dann garantiere ich euch, dass das nächste Konzert der Band wieder in der Columbiahalle sein wird. Als Headliner. Diese Band wird groß. Und das ist verdammt gut so.
                              [Peter Kubaschk]

Translation:

DREDG

I think I have found them. The savours of music business. DREDG understand it, like no other band, to combine pop, rock and prog and sound catchy, unconventional and genre free at the same time. Despite of hard guitars, freaky sounds and an unbelievable love for detail, the quartet around singer Gavin Hayes enthuse both frickle friends (???) and alternative rockers and even the normal radio listener. And this they do without any commercial calculus – which is clearly reflected by the shy, natural gig. Gavin Hayes just says “Dankeschön (=Thank you)” and this alone lets the (fans in the) first rows freak out, while pearls like “Ode To The Sun”, “Bug Eyes”, “Same Old Road” or “The Tanbark Is Hot Lava” dominate the fans in first third of the hall, who pogo wildly. The people on the balcony (note: the Columbiahalle /concert venue has two floors) are more like floating away with Gavin Hayes’ floating voice at “Jamais Vu”. Additionally, Hayes plays a zither, which, together with the unique guitar style of Mark Engles, forms the unique sound of this band.

All of this is easily enough to put their fans in ecstasy and certainly enough to make many new friends, but with the fulminant end, this gig is likely to become unforgettable for many: The drummer Dino Campanella is ‘responsible’ for this, as he goes on playing his part at the last song “Yatahaze”, accompanied by Mark Engles and Drew Roulette (bass), while his drum kit is already disassembled and one after the other, snare, hit-hat and bass drum are disappearing. Nothing can stop him, and as the drum kit is no longer on the stage, he goes on playing the piano instead. Very great art. And if DREDG are always that great as they are today (in this concert), then I guarantee the next concert of the band will be in Columbiahalle again. As headliner. This band will be big. And that is damn good.
                              [author: Peter Kubaschk]

Sandra

Added after 27 minutes:

Sandra, be sure to let us know how the other show goes.
                              I will write a full review when I am back on earth again... (I am still dreaming about it - or was the whole concert just a wonderful dream?). It was fantastic!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X