Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

2005-08-19 Providence, RI audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005-08-19 Providence, RI audio

so i actually got around to ripping evasivetear's DVD of this show, and isolating the associated WAV. from there, i cleaned up the bottom end a bit (nothing fancy, just the graphic EQ in GoldWave) and added a bit of limiting. from there to LAME to encode the VBR mp3s, and into FLAC.

there's the link for the mp3s, which i like better, and i never thought i'd hear myself say that. it's variable from 224 to 320, but the FLACs came out really quiet and with a little bit of added noise and i can't figure out why. they'll be posted as soon as they're done uploading, which shouldn't be long.

enjoy!

thanks for doing this bullhead, enjoy everyone...

hopefully the actual video will be up sometime soonish.........

though if you're going to either the nov. 11th or nov. 15th shows, let me know...i plan on bringing some copies of the actual dvd with me to hand out.
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Re: re: 2005-08-19 Providence, RI audio

Originally posted by evasivetear

hopefully the actual video will be up sometime soonish.........
      i should have the video up sometime this week. i'm trying to get it down to a manageable filesize, since the encoder i'm using seems to be spitting out everything at a gig and a half, even things which started at 700MB :?

Comment

heh, that's what was happening with me when i was trying to make the file sizes smaller....

and that wasn't a line directed a you btw. i didn't realize you were doing the video too...so thanks a lot for working on that as well

Comment

re: 2005-08-19 Providence, RI audio

a wise man once told me that sometimes there is meta data encoded into flacs that can create noise but when you decode back to wav it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by emptyzero
            a wise man once told me that sometimes there is meta data encoded into flacs that can create noise but when you decode back to wav it's gone.
            that makes perfect sense, actually, since FLAC is more or less a filter applied to a source file. if it's possible for a high or low pass filter to add noise (which it most certainly is) then there's no reason why FLAC can't as well.

Comment

so... i've been informed that YouSendIt is COMPLETELY useless, as this RAR seems to be corrputed. it's not broken on my end, so that means it's somewhere with YSI. also, my upload of the FLAC and my own download of the RAR decided they didn't feel like working and quit on me.

anyone got a host or some space for these? i'd hate for them not to have a good home...

Comment

I would, but we all know about my bandwidth situation.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by tool712
                  I would, but we all know about my bandwidth situation.
                  yeah, dont' worry about it, i'm aware. i lurk around here much more than my #of posts indicates.

Comment

BTW....the files work for me....

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by tool712
                      BTW....the files work for me....
                      see... part of what's pissing me off about YSI right now, is i can't even download them. i had it going on two machines, one of them was scheduled to take about 9 hours, the other one flat out quit.

Comment

bullhead...remember where you are....

it's probably the freakin college that's the cause of all your problems right now

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
                          bullhead...remember where you are....

it's probably the freakin college that's the cause of all your problems right now
                          y'know... that was my first thought when i tried it yesterday, but when i tried it at 3AM it croaked, and i was getting insane (like... 6MB) speeds at that time of night from other site, and a couple of tests confirmed it.

Comment

then i have no idea....but blame it on the school anyway

Comment

Thanks a lot for this.
                              http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Working...
                              X