Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

London, United Kingdom - O2 Academy Islington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London, United Kingdom - O2 Academy Islington

Venue: O2 Academy Islington
    Time: 7:00 pm
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Re: London, United Kingdom - O2 Academy Islington

ARGGHHHHHHHAAARRGHHHHHH.
    ---
    No, I'm not going to record this one. Because I was clearly fail the last time I tried!
    ---
    I wonder if robkismet is going? He's fucking awesome.
    ---
    I should put down the cider.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post
      I wonder if robkismet is going?
      Maybe. Been very unimpressed by the two singles, especially that chorus on Information, so am researching a bit further.

He's fucking awesome.
      I try.

Comment

Will be my first time seeing dredg; looking forward to it immensely.

Comment

Yaaaessss..GET IN!!! All sorted..The 'Stalker Tour' is ON and I'll lose my 'Dredg Cherry'!! Doing both UK dates ..(PLEASE DON'T CANCEL GUYS... three nights unrefunable hotels booked!!!).. worked out well as we have a university visit pretty close by for my daughter, who is now coming to both gigs with me....

Oh, yes.. there will be tapeage... wonder if there would be any chance of a sbd hook up? Are the guys open to this these days?

Comment

Originally posted by barneystorm View Post

Oh, yes.. there will be tapeage... wonder if there would be any chance of a sbd hook up? Are the guys open to this these days?
            Guess not. Apparently the band is not comfortable with that anymore.
            I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

They may be with the actual release of the CD. Who knows. It's probably worth asking before the show(s).
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Are there gonna be any other opening bands announced for this? I would look around the threads for other dates on the tour but I'm afraid I'll stumble across a setlist I do not want to see. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by duncang View Post
                  Are there gonna be any other opening bands announced for this? I would look around the threads for other dates on the tour but I'm afraid I'll stumble across a setlist I do not want to see. Thanks in advance.
                  dont even look at any threads in this section because you will stumble onto some setlists. When Dredg hits the UK, savior every moment because you never know that they might not go back until next year !!!!!!

Comment

I have googled and can't find any info on the opening acts.
                    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

woo, i'm all set for this...
                      What Miracle Is This? This Giant Tree
                      It Stands Ten Thousand Feet High
                      But Doesn''t Reach The Ground. Still It Stands
                      Its Roots Must Hold The Sky

Comment

Joined here in 2006 but for some reason never got round to posting haha......then again I've had all sorts of life changes since then, including becoming a father recently. Can't believe this will be the first time I've seen Dredg do their own show here since I got into them. Anyone know if they did any previous UK headline shows? I guess I was lucky to see them at the Download festival in 2006, but of course that is quite different than their own gig. I'm expecting supreme things from this event in London. Love the new album too, which is always a bonus.Surprised they haven't been playing Quotes.

A bit weird how there is no mention anywhere on support bands, could be a random surprise. Normally I find support bands to be quite disappointing but occasionally there are some really great ones (saw one support Sigur Ros here but forgot them name just now). Then there are some supports who are a little more "known" , which I would go and see headline themselves haha - Cynic (supporting Opeth), Apocalyptica (supporting Rammstein), Mastodon (supporting Tool), Oceansize (supporting Porcupine Tree).

Originally posted by Brazen View Post
                        woo, i'm all set for this...
                        I know this is somewhat silly saying this, but think I met you before or after the Dredg gig at Download festival 2006. Unless there happened to be another guy there with the change symbol tattoo in the relevant place, haha. I seem to recall you mentioning something about seeing them in Amsterdam, or being there near to that time. Otr I may just be going mental and lost it completely hehe. <---- If so I will blame that on recently traversing the marathon and partial impossible situation of having a newborn daughter and completing qualifications.

Andrew
                        Bring the pieces back Together....rediscOver communicatiOn

Remember we are eternal.....all this pain is an iLlusion

Comment

Thing is, if there are no supports, there's gonna be a long wait for dredg. Hopefully if this is the case they play a pretty long set, but even so waiting for bands is the worst thing about gigs.

Comment

Holy crap, it's hot! Shorts... SHORTS!
                            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I'm hoping for The Blackout Crew again. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X