Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Dredg show in Lawrence 10/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dredg show in Lawrence 10/6

Everyone else is doing it, so I'd thought I'd do it too. Heres what I thought:

I really liked the show. On the way inside, I thought I saw Gavin across the street wheeling a red suitcase, but I didnt want to go see and be wrong, so I just went inside instead (I regret it a little, I really think it was him). Anyways, the venue was really quite small, and it really didnt seem to fill out until Dredg came out. And they rocked! I dont think Gavin could hear himself very well, because he kept pulling his ears out, and tapping his ears when he started to sing. He looked a little upset. But it was an amazing show, and it was my first dredg show, and I cant wait until they headline so I can hear them longer than 30 minutes.

re:

Hey. Thanks for the review. Glad you had a good time. I'm sure you'll have other opportunities to meet the guys, so no worries.

Comment

re: Dredg show in Lawrence 10/6

Yeah Dredg were amazing last night. Gavin seemed to be having problems with his Mic during the first verse of Bug Eyes, but everything else went smooth. He beat the hell out of his Steel Lap Guitar during the breakdown in Canyon. He cracked the drum stick in half on the first hit. The drum take down was abit disappointing just because they only had 20 seconds to do it, as opposed to the 10 minutes they get when they are headlining. Over all though, they absolutely KILLED that 30 minute slot. They never give out a single bad performance.

Setlist:

Ode
      Bug Eyes
      Same Ol Road
      Jamais Vu
      Canyon
      Tanbark
      Drum Take Down

After getting a huge headache from that joke of a band Blood Brothers, i went outside to my car to get some money and walking to it, i saw Drew...so i walked over and talked to him for a few minutes. I Can't even remember how many times i thanked him for putting out El Cielo. But I remembered i had my El Cielo booklet in the car so i asked if he wouldn't mind waiting so i could go get it, and much to my surprise, he had no problem waiting for me to run 5 blocks down and back, to get it. After he signed it we talked about their music and touring and the El Torreon show a few months back. Straight from the man himself...the next album is going back to their roots and they are going to do tons of experimental stuff, and they are doing another possible headlining run in February. Drew was an incredibly nice guy and i thank him for taking the time out of his night to talk to me.

Here's some crappy pictures i took on my phone.

Me And Drew:

Comment

great review, glad you guys had fun and yes drew is indeed the coolest. btw richard your sig kicks ass

Comment

re:

Hey, Richard. Thanks for your review and for sharing your pics. Glad you had a good time, and awesome that you talked with Drew. He's a cool cat. Awesome news about the next album and headline touring .

Comment

hey Richard i saw you there!!!! I noticed your dredg tshirt and almost said something but I didn't. IT was when Coheed just got doen and everyojne was walking outside.

I missed dredg because they got onstage too fucking early.
            Ticket said show starts at 7, and it starts at 6, which was pure bullshit. And i got there at 7:45

Comment

gavin has had audio problems the last 2-3 times in minneapolis. i think he's a perfectionist who is never happy...which is cool. i've notice the tugging on the ear and talking ot rodney etc...

Comment

Working...
              X