Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

10-1, Coconuts, Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-1, Coconuts, Chicago

no actual performance. turns out there was a time conflict between the in-store and the actual concert. a bit of a disappointment, i guess. all 4 members were there though, and they just did a signing around 4 PM. nobody was really there. then again, people probably thought the performance was happening at 5 (we just happened to get there early - were surprised to see the time change). the guys were only there for 15-20 minutes or something.

i'm extremely shy and whatever, but i bascially got dragged to the signing table. some lady that works there grabbed my hand and walked me over there like a 2-year-old. needless to say, i didn't know what to say or do, and i made a huge loser of myself . Oh well. . .

they were all really cool guys though. Dino was really nice. i shook his hand. should have shaken all of theirs, but i was extremely nervous. Drew's got a nice smile, by the way. i've always thought so. they signed a poster for me. i felt bad bothering them and taking a poster. well, actually, some other girl there put those wheels in motion, but still. a picture was taken, but the wrong camera setting was used, so it's blurry.

meeting the guys was something i thought would never happen, and i knew i'd have to get dragged into it somehow, but i was way too nervous and unready. made a huge nerd of myself. in front of my favorite band in the whole, wide world. ha.

dredg, sorry i was so awkward. you guys are awesome, and i really do appreciate you. thanks for the poster. sorry for the bother. hope you guys do an acoustic performance some time soon. i'll hide in the back somewhere. . .

Aww, dont worry. I could barely look Gavin in the eye when he walked past me and said what's up. I've never been shy in regards to going up to any band, other than dredg. Probably has something to do with them being my favorite band. Which is ironic, because they're so down to earth and 'normal'. Ah well. Im a nerd.
    http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

the trick is, is you gotta pretend they're people.

just joking. i was really excited the first time i met dredg in 2000 or 2001, but now its kind of like having old friends stop by when they come to town. kind of nice.

there's a funny picture of me and drew and mark on my myspace.

Jesuswears Funnypants (noclevername)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.
      http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

re:

Heh. Thanks, guys. I didn't mean to post that long of a comment, but I figured I'd let people know what happened at the in-store AND that I pretty much nerded it up. I couldn't really look at any of them either. Dino had to repeat something for me, and who knows what else I missed. Haha. Oh well. I'm just an awkward, shy geek. I just really hope I didn't come off as a 16-year-old schoolgirl or something. I'm 22, I swear. And I'm good around the potty, too.

ncn, that picture is awesome. Heh. I can only just see the thumbnail since I don't have a Myspace, but still very cool. Drew - heh.

I'm curious if anyone else went to Coconuts only to find out the band didn't/wasn't going to perform.

Comment

re: 10-1, Coconuts, Chicago

yeah don't feel bad. I have something that might even cheer you up, well maybe not but here's an awkward situation...

i walk into the bathroom at the Ascot show last may and Gavin is waiting there to take a piss so I get in line next to him. we make small talk a bit, I say something like 'yeah man I'm going to tape your set tonight' and he says something 'ahh that's cool man.'

then we piss next to each other in an awkward silence.

see, you don't need to feel like a loser. you're fine.

Comment

HAHAHAHHAHA!!

I'd LOVE that kind of awkward silence!

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by emptyzero
              yeah don't feel bad. I have something that might even cheer you up, well maybe not but here's an awkward situation...

i walk into the bathroom at the Ascot show last may and Gavin is waiting there to take a piss so I get in line next to him. we make small talk a bit, I say something like 'yeah man I'm going to tape your set tonight' and he says something 'ahh that's cool man.'

then we piss next to each other in an awkward silence.

see, you don't need to feel like a loser. you're fine.
              Hahahahahaha. Aaawww. That was awesome. Thanks for sharing that, empty0. Good for a laugh .

Comment

Don't let him lie, empty peeked at gavin's cock. I have proof....
                sigpic
                We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

re:

Deleted by the astronauts.

Comment

hahaha, oh man. that's awesome. peeing next to anyone in silence is awkward in itself. but next to the singer of a favorite band. that's just awesome.
                    - -- --- ----

Comment

re: 10-1, Coconuts, Chicago

Buddy stop trying to make me sound like a pervert in 6 different threads, we haven't even met in "real life" yet. if you wanna hang after that Les Claypool show you're coming up for let me know....

christ, he's going to turn that into something demented, I just know it!

Comment

I think he's gonna try to hang out with his wang out. Cuz that's what it's all about. He's probably jealous because he didn't see Gavin's manmeat.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

re:

BuddyG makes himself seem like a pervert, too, so no worries. I mean, how else would he know what you were doing in the men's bathroom unless he had a "pee-cam" set up somewhere?

Oh!, and did I mention that all I could say/do was: "I love you guys *Chinese-style bow*"?

Comment

Oh!, and did I mention that all I could say/do was: "I love you guys *Chinese-style bow*"?
                            I thought only the Japanese bowed.....

Comment

re:

Dang, I can't even get my cultures right. ops: Heh. I should have stuck to what I know best: handshake and kiss on each cheek. Assyrian style.

Either way, I think it's clear that the "level of nerd" was pretty high that day. Haha. No worries, she'll get over it.

Here's a picture, just because. I took this one shortly after leaving Coconuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X