Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What has been the taping policy for the Coheed&Cambria t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has been the taping policy for the Coheed&Cambria t

looking for some help w/ the specifics for taping on this tour...also, this is the first time im going to attempt this and am going out to buy a new MiniDisc Recorder w/ mic in and line in...looking to know what i else i should need if i do indeed get access to the SoundBoard...

your suggestions would be welcome and very helpful

coheed is apparently no longer open taping. so if you really want a sbd patch,i suggest supplying sexual favors to their tour manager.

Comment

and due to coheed's new policy, i can only assume taping dredg would also necessitate said favors?

:|
      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

re: What has been the taping policy for the Coheed&Cambr

yeah the coheed management said no audio or video eventhough the 3 openers are cool with taping (the bands I was going to be taping).

You probably already know you'll need a pair of mics and a battery box. check out a faq on stealth taping if you haven't done it before. glasses and baseball caps work well for attaching/concealing mics.

to bad dredg or the blood brothers aren't headlining so we didn't have to worry about stealthing on this damn tour...

boards on this tour will be rare, maybe if you catch Rodney early he'll let you but I doubt it.

Comment

for this stealth recording: what kind of quality mics are you thinking? do you use really shitty ones, im assuming lightweight b/c you have to attach to a hat, and wouldnt want to use heavy, expensive pair...

Comment

even on the low end you're talking $200-$400 for a pair of mics.

you probably don't want to use shitty one but that's the low end of the good ones.

anyone, did soundprofessionals used to sell a model for $180?

Comment

Quite honestly I'm surprised dredg has maintained open taping status given they're on Interscope.

I imagine their managment is oblivious to the fact....what do you guys think?

Comment

I've been wondering about that too.. I hope it's something that won't ever change

Comment

eh... if they get big that will be the reason taping wont be allowed. We will get less footage yes... but it will be completely profesional. Nothing againt all of you that have taped shows for us... theyve been more than incredible. Im just sayin nothing can beat professional taping and recording if done properly. I dont think theyll stop allowing recording any time soon.
                  Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

i went to the SONY outlet store by me and they didnt have minidisc w/ mic in and line in, radioshack didnt, walmart didnt, etc.

so im thinking about lugging my laptop to the show in my gf's purse...if i do this, do i just need to hook mic up to my mic in on my laptop and thats it?? its got 56 GB hardrive, so i got plenty room, what is good program to record straight wav files w/?

lemme know if you have advice or if i could get away w/ this..lol

this is my last resort i cant think of anything else :!: :!:

Comment

Dredg understands that their entire livelihood as a band is based off of their underground support. Since they have an open taping policy, there are quality recordings of them being circulated and the taping community speaks highly of them. Therefore, it basically helps Interscope in the long run, since the underground community supports bands that support them.
                      Originally posted by Gnomad
                      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Re: re: What has been the taping policy for the Coheed&C

Originally posted by emptyzero
                        yeah the coheed management said no audio or video eventhough the 3 openers are cool with taping (the bands I was going to be taping).

You probably already know you'll need a pair of mics and a battery box. check out a faq on stealth taping if you haven't done it before. glasses and baseball caps work well for attaching/concealing mics.

to bad dredg or the blood brothers aren't headlining so we didn't have to worry about stealthing on this damn tour...

boards on this tour will be rare, maybe if you catch Rodney early he'll let you but I doubt it.
                        I got a soundboard recording of last night's show at HOB AC thanks to Rodney...and thanks to me working here as well...so it's not totally out of the question.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

got minidisc recorder from friend here at college on my football team and went over to sony out let and got ECM-719 stereo microphone...hope it comes out good!!

Comment

ah very cool, good luck man. yeah a lot of the time it depends on the venue as well. a board at a HOB on an anti-taping tour...that's damn impressive.

clear channel owns the quest in minneapolis...ehh. well now you've got me thinking, maybe I'll try to get a HiMD in for the aud and a nomad jukebox 3 for a board. thats a lot of stuff to stealth though and may require the help of another person.

crotch:
                            HiMD deck & remote (because the deck sucks for accessible buttons)
                            Batt Box

around waist underneath belt
                            Mics

ankles/shoes
                            disc(s)

someone else needs to crotch & belt these:
                            NJB3
                            RCA cable

I'm down to try, probably try to contact one of the guys in the minneapolis thread I started...

Comment

Working...
                            X