Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Review of free 9/24/05 Madison show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of free 9/24/05 Madison show

I went to the free Madison show and it was well worth the two hour drive. I got there at around 1:45 to make sure that I got front row. As an added bonus I had arrived early enough to see the whole band setting up. It was almost surreal, sitting in this nearly empty room, basically alone with all of the members of Dredg. Gavin was talking to some guy just about five feet away from me and my girlfriend at one point and my girlfriend joked that she was feeling "a godly presence to our right." I couldn't help but agree.

After the band set up we waited until about 2:00 and a local band called Middleworld opened up. They were extremely heavy, with almost a louder rage against the machine sound and were pretty decent. In addition to this, the band members themselves were probably the weirdest combination of guys I've ever seen in my life. I really can't explain how weird these guys were so I won't. You just had to be there I guess...

After Middleworld played, we had about a 30 minute wait until Dredg came out. The crowd has suddenly grown a bit larger now and the anticipation was mounting. Finally the band emerged from the back and the small crowd erupted. Even though I had just seen Dredg only a month earlier, I was somehow even more excited for this performance. It was nothing short of spectacular.

Setlist (might be out of order)

Ode to the Sun
    Catch Without Arms
    Same Ol' Road
    Of the Room
    The Tankbark is Hot Lava
    Bug Eyes
    Jamais Vu
    Hungover on a Tuesday
    Sang Real
    The Canyon Behind Her
    Yatahaze/90 Hour Sleep

Words cannot really describe how great this show was. Dredg was supposed to be there to simply play a pregame concert for the huge Wisconsin/Michigan football game. It may have overshadowed the game itself. Throughout the show, many of these football tailgaters seemed to wander into the room to hear this amazing spectacle that was taking place. People that had never even heard of Dredg before were being captivated by their music. At one point Gavin asked the crowd "How many of you are here for the football game?" The crowds response proved otherwise. They were there for Dredg...and Dredg only. It was an unbelievable experience, and one that I'll never forget. I didn't know what to expect from this "free show", but this far exceeded any doubts I previously had.

"my girlfriend joked that she was feeling "a godly presence to our right." "

haha.. thats me. ^_^
    this is your life and its ending one minute at a time.

http://www.myspace.com/lindseykay07

Comment

re:

Cool.

Comment

re: Review of free 9/24/05 Madison show

Thanks for the review, was going to drive over from Minneapolis (4 hrs?) and tape it but couldn't get off work. notice anyone getting audio or video of the show?

Comment

No, I was thinking about video taping it myself but I wasn't even sure if I was allowed to so I didn't bother. I got pictures though... (yet not developed)

Comment

i was at work I was pissed....Ive traveled to Cali...Milwaukee, Chicago....then finally they come to my home town and i have to fuckin work...Thats my luck right there

Comment

re:

Ouch.

Comment

re: Review of free 9/24/05 Madison show

alright. so im going to post MY pictures of this concert up here because Phil is taking extremely too long to develop those pictures of his and you all need a taste of the concert, am i right?
                Okay so these were taken with a camera phone so the quality is very upsetting. But you get the point. And phil will hopefully post up his pictures (which will pwn my pictures) very soon.
                okay here we go:

yay. :P
                this is your life and its ending one minute at a time.

http://www.myspace.com/lindseykay07

Comment

I make no comments.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Working...
                  X