Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Albuquerque Show Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albuquerque Show Tomorrow

I sincerely doubt anyone is... but... I will be there. Are any of you in the area going to be there?

</p>
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Albuquerque Show Tomorrow

My brother, my wife and I are making the roadie from Denver tomorrow and staying at the Econo Lodge like a block north of the Launchpad. Should get there around lunchtime. I know nothing about Albuquerque so we'll probably either be getting drunk in the hotel room, walking around, or stalking the band at the venue (though I did that at the Chevelle show already so I'd feel bad).

</p>

Comment

Re: Albuquerque Show Tomorrow

Haha. That Econo Lodge is kinda ghetto.

The Launchpad is literally right in the middle of downtown almost, so theres lots to do. Enjoy it. I'll be there with about 15 of my friends, none of which has ever seen dredg. I converted all of them.

</p>

Super God.
      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

i wished i would've been able to convert my ex gf.

but yea i converted some of my buddies, too.

</p>

Comment

Just got back from the show. Astounding.

My friends and I went to eat at a nice place called Tucano's around 1:00 and then drove by the venue around 2:30ish. Apparently the band had already arrived but were out and about, so we just drove around and saw Dino at one point walking by himself in the middle of Downtown Albuquerque. We shouted out Dredg and waved at him and he smiled and waved back.

I had about 13 friends meet up with me total, but my friend Brandon and I went alone back to the venue around 4:30. I had bought a bottle of Jagermeister and just wanted to get it to the band, but Rodney ended up letting us come in and just chill for a while. Talked with Circa Survive and the Pale Pacific; no matter what anyone says, these guys are SO nice, outgoing, and VERY appreciative of fans. I was highly impressed with their attitudes. More on their performance later.

Anyway, around this time Mark walked in and we talked with him, followed by Gavin, then Dino, and then Drew REALLY late. We had the privelege of hearing them soundcheck; just me and my friend and the other bands and sound people there. A couple floor monitors were blown but they made the best of it.

Anyway, doors open. We sit up front. The Launchpad is a really intimate venue that feels close but comfortable. The Pale Pacific took the stage, and I was impressed. Indie, dissonant at times, melodic throughout. I bought the cd out of pure respect.

Circa Survive came on next. Wow. AMAZING show. Such energy, and the musicianship of that band is just astounding to me. The guitarists are unreal, the riffs they write just sound so good. Anthony had his great stage presence and the crowd just ate it up. The best way for me to say it is this; you couldn't tell whether the crowd was there for Pale, Circa, or Dredg. Thats how much love was in the room for every act.

Finally, dredg comes on. Setlist (out of order in places but these were played):

Symbol

Same Ol' Road

Ode to the Sun

Bug Eyes

It Only Took A Day

Sanzen

Not That Simple (requested by us earlier and played as a result)

Triangle

Sangreal

Tanbark

Jamais Vu

The Ornament

Of The Room

Canyon

Yatahaze

90 Hour Sleep

That looks about right to me. Lots of funny things happened throughout the show, including stopping right before of the room to walk to the bar and get shots and then walk right back up on the stage. They said they appreciated the "mature crowd." I'll elaborate more later.

Anyway, hung out with the band afterwards, went to eat with Pale and Circa as dredg had to hit the road early. Again, great guys. Hilarious. And damn good at throwing food and @#%$ across a room.

Some things you may be interested in. The current van is a rental, according to Rodney. The plans for the future are;

Finish this tour

Go overseas and play there

Come back and do another HEADLINING tour

Tour again (Drew said most likely opening for Coheed & Cambria and the Blood Brothers, although its not set in stone)

Talked with Mark and he said they already have ideas for the next record. He noted that they went into the studio with the specific intention of creating an album that was a balance between Leitmotif and El Cielo, and I told him they succeeded fully. He said they were very proud of it and understood that some people didn't like it, but that it was simply one part of who they were and that if people are willing to hold on and wait, they will be surprised by the next stuff. He said that the next album will "most likely be the most complex stuff we've done so far."

After tonight, these guys can do whatever the hell they want as far as I'm concerned. They truly are amazing.

</p>

Super God.

Comment

thanks

the first time i saw dredg was in albuquerque opening for taproot and weak ass deadsy back in 2002 ... thanks for the review and info sounds like it was the @#%$ ... i saw them in cleve and detroit earlier on this tour ...

</p>

Comment

Re: thanks

rock on dredg. i had a feeling they just want to dabble in different sounds. oh man, mark's statement already has me wondering about the next album when the current one doesnt get to me for 13 days.

</p>
              words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

Working...
              X