Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

new song...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new song...

I just got home from the St. Louis, MO dredg show at Pop's. The show was...beyond my ability to describe. It was my 3rd time seeing them, and they were better than ever! Anyway, I haven't seen any posts on here about any new material being performed live, but I'm sure there was a new song performed! I have heard just about every obscure dredg b-side, and non-album creation, and this piece was not among them. It was hard to really absorb much of what the song was about because Dino had the whole crowd clapping a rhythm through the whole thing. Has anyone else heard this that was at Pops or another show? Any information about it? I'm quite excited about it, soley because it means these guys are still creating and will hopefully be around for several more albums to come. I hope they never stop creating...that quote from a show awhile back about Gavin saying "(catch without arms)...will be our last album...because we don't like each other anymore" got me worried.
    Let me tell you about heartache,
    And the loss of God.
    Wandering.....wandering in hopeless night;
    Out here in the perimeter there are no stars.
    Out here we is stoned...immaculate.
    ---------James Dougles Morrison

could it have been the ornament with lyrics?
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

it was something I'd never heard and i fancy myself a fucking Internet master.

I'd asked my friend (Who is also an Internet master/ninja) if he'd heard it and he just shook his head.

i didn't like how ALL of the fourteen year olds were singing every new song. I wanted to hear dredg sing goddammit.

was a good show though. If i can find this "new song" I'll hit you up.

Comment

drew had said his favorite dredg song was one they were working on so...(this being in an interview a few months ago)
        words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

re: new song...

yes i know what youre talking about.
          when i saw them Aug 22nd in Montreal they played it, right before Yatahaze.
          It's Dino doing a constant beat on the bass drum and doing fast octaves with his left hand on the keyboard. and Mark doing some tremolo picking. Drew had a cool bassline and Gavin was whispering lyrics into the mic.

i thought it was just a little improve thing, but then when i saw them in Toronto the next night they did the same thing but it was improved a little. which makes me think they started doing it in Montreal and liked it. But i figured it was a one time thing cause in Montreal they did so many different jams and so many build ups, i think it was cause they were in the city where Godspeed lives, and the love Godspeed, or at least Mark and Dino do.

PS. id like a recording of it.

Comment

you guys sure it wasnt a waterborne piece? could have been but also may just be a new song.

Comment

no, definatley not a waterbourne piece.
              cause drew and gavin had parts.

unless Stone By Stone?

but it doesnt sound complete its only like a minute and a half to 2 minutes, and doesnt really have much else to it other then what i described.

Comment

Yeah, they also did that before Yatahaze at the Lincoln show too. It sounded pretty cool from the short little jam they gave us.

Comment

it was very technoindustrial/awesome

i kind of want it now.

record your shit, boys!

Comment

awesome...now i want to hear it...badly.

Comment

if they play it tonight, i'll have it recorded
                      http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

re: new song...

Yeah the St Lou show was tight as hell. And the new song was extremely cool. I agree, I dont think it is anything from Waterborne.

Comment

That show was fan-freakin'-tastic. 3rd time seeing them, easily the best yet.

I was kinda curious about that song as well. It was very different, but very cool. I loved the clap along part.

And hey, I was a 21 year old that was singing along to every song dangit! I sing along in the car, why not at the show? I find it hard to believe that anyone's singing could have drowned out dredg's sound...the sound at Pops was pretty much perfect, just a tad too much bass. Anywho, if I know the lyrics I'll sing along, and it felt great to do so.

Comment

Also, there were at least 2 video cameras at the record store...who did it and where are the vids? There had to be like 80-90 people there...it was sweet. I was curious if anyone recorded the pop's show...it would have been the perfect place to do so with the balcony.

Comment

We heard the new song in KC tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X