Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Seattle, WA - Neumo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle, WA - Neumo's

Venue: Neumo's
    Time: 7:00 pm

Set: Stamp: Pessimistic, Ode to the Sun, Catch Without Arms, Same Ol Road, New Heart Shadow, Of The Room, I Don't Know, RUOK, Saviour, Waterborne, Bug Eyes, Sang Real, Triangle, The Canyon Behind Her, Down to the Cellar, Stamp: Horizon

Notes: w/ Torche & From Monument To Masses

Buy Tickets

Re: Seattle, WA - Neumo's

Oh, how ironic... *rolls eyes*

Have fun, Frank!

Comment

look for me i'll be the guy with his dick in the mashed potatoes
      Originally posted by vsd
      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Anybody from Vancouver going there?
        Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

hey, jon, great decision to throw up all of these old show topics at the start of dredg's tour season.

the middle of drew's setlist was way off. he was ready to play ireland when the rest of the band started playing RUOK, and then he was ready to play waterborne when saviour popped up. consequently the first verse of saviour had no bass line. he wasn't exactly happy with the roadie. it looked like he was going to get them to stop during saviour but he walked back to his synth and went through the settings until he finally got the patch he needed for the song. they ended up skipping ireland altogether after gavin vetoed it. gavin's voice was exceptionally strong tonight, and he held some notes a lot longer than he usually does as a result. here is the set as best i remember it:

pessimistic
          ode
          catch
          same ol' road
          new heart
          of the room
          i don't know
          ruok
          saviour
          waterborne
          bug eyes
          sang real
          triangle
          canyon
          cellar
          horizon
          Originally posted by vsd
          ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

was there tonight. great set, kinda disappointing compared to Portland just cause of the shorter set, though it was great to hear more off of El Cielo. Gavin's voice was spot on and he hit every note in every song. Didn't bring my camera, but I got some sweet shots from the portland show I still gotta get up. Just wasn't as familiar with the venue and thought they'd hassle me, and in turn didn't wanna hassle drew so I opted to just sit back and enjoy the show. Gotta say, crowds have been great so far. Would love to see the rooms filled out since they are so close to being sold out rooms. But it's nice. Don't seem to be too many extraneous, static fans. Most folks are very stoked to just enjoy them some dredg, no dumb pushing or shoving, just lots of people enjoying music. I kind of got an angry vibe from the band, which I think actually ended up helping Gavin belt some stuff out. I guess angry is the wrong word, it was just a strange energy, combine the mixed setlists, with a really poor lighting job and the dudes, Gavin especially seemed pretty perturbed. Which I really can understand, I mean it is Seattle, and a venue trying to pull itself off as half way decent. Their light show should consist of more than just whites on stage and maybe some cross fading or the reds and blues in the back, I mean come on, this is a rock band. Not death cab for cutie. this isn't a fucking funeral.... color's!!! light's!!!! I'm drunk and stoned, this is dredg goddamn it, how are you not inspired to at least put a little more effort into your really fucking easy job....

Comment

Sorry Frank...just happened that way, the time available to do it, and the decision to do so...but, you're right the timing could have been better...
              - Jon

----------------------------------------
              Originally posted by gderd
              dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music
              ----------------------------------------

Comment

The show was great, especially the quality of sound and Gavin's voice! I have some pictures from both WA shows and will put them somewhere later.
                The setlist and emotion from the first show was stronger, but as quality, the second one was waaaay better.

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
                  The show was great, especially the quality of sound and Gavin's voice! I have some pictures from both WA shows and will put them somewhere later.
                  The setlist and emotion from the first show was stronger, but as quality, the second one was waaaay better.
                  I'm jealous that you got to see both WA shows. I hope so, the Nightlight's sound system was horrible. I wonder why they were pissed? I guess WA is just a curse to visit for Dredg. They should play at the Showbox next time around. No encore as well?

I'd like to see those photos, InfraredDream, if you haven't already uploaded them. I took some in Bellingham but they were just okay.

Comment

m0use, I am very busy last few days, but I will upload them all soon.

I'm off to the other topic to see who were you, I am sure we met

Comment

I found some great videos from the show. I even saw myself in several, great memories
                      In Same Ol' Road, at about 2:30-3:00, I can be seen singing and trying to make pictures (I have to show you those too, they are in my facebook already)

Same Ol' Road

I Don't Know

There are more videos from Seattle at that address. Great job!
                      Last edited by InfraredDream; April 10, 2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

holy drum sound batman. guitars didn't sound great when it gets loud, but the drums are perfect.

Comment

The sound was really great!! I am very happy with the way they sound in this show and I am thankful to the guy that shot that to keep the great memories!

Comment

Working...
                          X