Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Bellingham, WA - Nightlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bellingham, WA - Nightlight

that was a great show, got a bunch of pictures, set lists and chilled with that band at the "back porch lounge" or what ever, super nice guys. very awesome time

too bad the turn out was so weak for them, but they didn't really care. fucking great night, as a canadian, god damnit that beer was cheap...what a show

LOVED IT!!!

Ode To The Sun
    Catch Without Arms
    Ireland
    Same Ol' Road
    New Heart
    Of The Room
    Pessimistic
    I Don't Know
    R U O K
    Saviour
    Waterbourne
    Bug Eyes
    Sang Real
    Jamais Vu
    The Canyon Behind Her
    Cellar
    Horizon

Comment

Hey, guys, I am glad you were there. Were you the ones behind me - I think we were the only 3 people singing at the show. and I was thinking to ask if you are from Traversing.
      I was the one with the drumstick story Maybe we talked with some of you after the show?
      Pretty emotional evening it was.

And Tourche were AWFUL!!! My ears were deaf and that ruined part of the dredg show for me and I was completely MAD at them for the crappy sound and agressive drumming.
      So, for Seattle I said to everyone around to put some Kleenex in their ears and so did I. Muuuuuch better
      I loved the weekend, it was just PERFECT!
      I have some very good shots and will put them online when I have the time.
      Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Yeah I was directly behind you if you were the girl who got the drum stick, I have a bit of that in a video on my facebook. "Ryan Sherbank" if you want to add me and check it out

I missed the opening bands mostly cause that was the first time I had ever seen a ping pong table in a bar and I was blown away. Holy shit that was fun

amazing show

Comment

Yes, that was me. I was sure you were the one behind me. Because I felt you moving, waving and singing all the way and I was happy that we were together, not too many people knew the lyrics. And Gavin kept looking at us all the time and it was FUN. I will add you in facebook right away. It seems we spoke with you in the bar later, so I am sure I know exactly who you are
          BTW, were you the one that said "we may not me too many, but we love you" or something of the sort? It came from the ame direction behind me. Gavin was sweet.

As for the opening bands, From Monument To Masses was worth it, but as I said Tourche was a real torture for me, so I am happy you missed them.
          Last edited by InfraredDream; April 7, 2009, 06:35 PM.

Comment

This was my first time in Bellingham, having lived in WA for 15+ years and passed it numerous time while driving to B.C. Beside having one of the cleanest restrooms for this size of venue, it was like going to a community center with the layout (ping pong table?). I thought From Monument To Masses was a better transition for Dredg's set but suddenly this deafening band Torch came out and ruined it for me. It seems like they were playing the same song for 45 minutes. I'm sure they're nice guys but they were not my cup of tea. Dredg was awesome as always but the sound system at this venue does not do them justice.

You see I went with a friend who never heard of them before but was willing to drive 2 1/2 hours in I-5 traffic to see them with me. Unfortunately, such a loser as he is, he left after the first third of Dredg's set to smoke outside and never returned. His lose obviously. I thought the later half of the set was amazing anyway. I was wondering why they never played an encore. Anyways, if it were not for the pre-bought ticket to see Travis that following day, I would've preferred to see them at Neumo's. Hope the crowd was larger and more into it at that show. Sadly, I had way more fun at the Travis show (and they're pretty lo-fi) but Dredg's set was worth the drive to sample the new stuff.

Where did Dredg hang out after the show? I wanted to stay and meet them but we had to drive back to Kent. But I appreciate them for adding Bellingham to the tour otherwise I wouldn't be able to see them. Didn't Gavin move to Seattle?

Comment

m0use, I am not sure who you were, I am sure we met.
              You express my own impression about the opening bands. As well as the sound. I wasn't able to hear Gavin during first several songs and I missed that. Plus my ears were hurting after Tourche, I also think From Monument to Masses were a good much and had to be second, I told that to several people after that, maybe you were among them.
              In Seattle it was packed and the sound was really good! Gavin's voice was amazing!

Comment

We may have spoken at the bar after, but I am not sure (i dont remember much) but yes when they came out I said "we may not be many but we still love you"

I felt terrible for them coming out to an empty venue, but glad they didn't let it effect their performance. Yes I was behind you singing and moving and just having a blast to the music.

I asked Gavin about encores and he said "i dont know why, we just never got in to doing them"

which was cool and honest enough, they were so rad after the show. I'm still shaking from it!!

Comment

Yes, it was amazing show. And I was feeling bad because of the empty venue... I was there early and people started coming at 7:55... I was till hoping to have more people by 10pm when dredg had to start, but not too many. Good that they accepted it as normal and did a great performance. I just love them for being who they are and being honest to themselves and the fans.

Hey, I saw the videos. So, I am right. We were even in the same hotel, remember? I wished you good night while getting in
                  Anyway, great memories. I have to get my pictures online today.

Comment

oh haha that was you!! sorry, in case you couldn't tell I was QUITE intoxicated. I was getting ice for who knows what reason... I don't know how to make copies of those videos! they were just off my digital camera, but you can click the share link on top and put them on your profile on facebook.

Comment

I know you were, but didn't wanted to put it here
                      Yes, that was me. Small world, hah

Comment

Originally posted by InfraredDream View Post
                        m0use, I am not sure who you were, I am sure we met.
                        You express my own impression about the opening bands. As well as the sound. I wasn't able to hear Gavin during first several songs and I missed that. Plus my ears were hurting after Tourche, I also think From Monument to Masses were a good much and had to be second, I told that to several people after that, maybe you were among them.
                        In Seattle it was packed and the sound was really good! Gavin's voice was amazing!
                        Hey InfraredDream, I don't think I've met you because I was standing directly in front of Mark, to the far right of you guys. I was the Asian chick with the jeans jacket and striped pants. When Mark came out to check his pedals, I was too shy to say anything. I wished I did. Though, there were these zealous fans to my right who were talking amongst themselves and was discussing about the setlist and how excited they were for the new album, Mark overheard and replied "Me too." He agreed to sign the setlist for them. After the set, I think he whispered to one of them where they could find him after the show. In all, he's a gentleman!

How long after the show did they come out to meet the fans/ have a drink? I just split like 5 minutes after the set ended.

Were you the girl who picked up Gavin's drumstick but had to give it back because he needed it for The Canyon Behind Her? If so, I saw you and yes you were very enthusiastic

Comment

Yes, that was me And I DO remember you, Mark was looking at your direction all the time You were a great group of people in front of Mark. I just love to watch Gavin play and sing as well as the fact I can see all of them well if I stand infront of Gavin. So, that's my fav spot Mark was great, yes, totally agree. All of them were really nice and did a great show. Sad it is all memoried already... Can't wait till we meet them again.

As for the aftershow, they came one by one about 5-10 min later. First was Dino, then the rest. I hardly spoke to Dino though, bu anyway. He was great, one of the best drummer ever!

Comment

Working...
                          X