Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

PICS & VIDS Dredg @ Looney Tunes & Bowery NY 8/16-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICS & VIDS Dredg @ Looney Tunes & Bowery NY 8/16-8

*********PICS OF lOONEY TUNES 8-16-2005
    *********PICS OF BOWERY BALLROOM 8-17-05 SCROLL DOWN

Dredg played three acoustic songs, Bug Eyes, Sangreal, and Catch Without Arms. They had enough time to sign some memorabilia.

This was my first time seeing the band live and man even though they werent plugged in it was an experiance without words. Dino is such a talented SOB, Mark is so damn groovy (killer mohawk), and Gavin's vocals are imaccualate unfortunately Drew was not there.

My pics came out horrible because i didnt want the flash to disturb them while playing so i took it off, i only used the flash on one picture before they came onto the stage and man it would have been nice if i left it on.

LINK TO VIDEO OF SANGREAL, top right corner click download

**this video does not do justice to the band, it was recorded with a cheap Digital quick picture camera with the option of recording video. The audio is crappy and i had to hold it up way above my head so it shakes around a lot , so bare with me***

this is the place Looney Tunes (thanks for bringing dredg over you guys are great)

here is Mark

here's Dino

here's Gavin

The band(without Drew)

they gave away this free promo which has bug eyes, ode to the sun, and bug eyes acoustic

this is my copy of cwa they agreed to sign

this is a drawing called Fabric, that was in large inspired by the band, they agreed to sign it, Mark had some nice things to say about it

and this is all of the stuff i got from the place, they also gave away a double sided poster, one side is the album cover and the other side is the band doing some panty dropping poses at a diner

thanks dredg for endless hours of fun and great listening, see you tommorow at the Bowery Ballroom.

[/img]
    The Only thing surrounding you now,
    are the circular memories...

Interesting Statistic #43
    Average life expectancy of an enemy soldier in a Chuck Norris film: 4 seconds

re: PICS***** Dredg at Looney Tunes in Long Island NY 8-16-2

it was ok. i expected something a little longer than 10 minutes.

Comment

yeah well my review is about my first time meeting them not so much as the performance, yea i did feel like 3 songs was a bit short,

but what the hell it was free (all you had to do was buy the cd ahead of time (something any fan shouldnt have a problem doing)

Comment

dude! check out www.megaupload.com you can upload the video there, its free and easy to use

Comment

thanks its uploading now it should take about 4 hours at this rate, so I'm going to bed and hopefully be able to post it tomorrow

can someone explain (or link me to the page if its been covered) why dredg wont play whoa is me? i know the saxophone is not a member of the band, but fans are missing out on watching the band perform a really good song (happens to be my favorite)

i heard they don't play leitmotif songs, specifically penguins in the desert because they got bored/tired of playing it so much and it doesn't represent their growth as a band

i can accept that (don't agree with it), and I'm looking for a similar answer to why whoa is me is left out?

Comment

here's a link to the video open it with windows media player

should say click link to download on the top right corner of the page

MOVED TO THE TOP POST

Comment

dude that came out great! it even had a piece of cwoa thanks again for posting it

Comment

That video just made my day.. (Well.. night, it's 3 am)

Comment

i was at the show/signing too i apparently didn't have as much fun as you did lol but it was still cool to see. the show at the bowery more than made up for it though. thanks for the video btw it's awesome sounds better than i remember it

Comment

yea i just got back from the bowery

WOW this band has a talent unlike any other. Throughout the entire show i had an overwhelming feeling of peace. I made a great memory tonight, and i 'm glad my friend put me onto dredg.

I finally got to see drew play ( he wasnt at looney tunes) DREW IF YOU READ THIS, i need you to sign my drawing.

I deeply analyzed each member of the band and i cannot say i have a favorite. This is a BAND, bettter yet a family (at least musically), each one has such a pivotal role, its like a painting, each stroke each color and medium used is crucial to the whole picture.

I was hoping to take advantage of the small venue of looney tunes to maybe have a word with the band but they were very busy (understandably so)

i have the video of jamais vu played tonight, it will be up tommorow

this concert was glorious and spiritual, and well it was just dope to the max

Comment

re: PICS & VIDS Dredg @ Looney Tunes & Bowery NY 8/

********BOwery Pics

This is Mark

Drew

Drew again

Dino

Gavin and the band

link for the video should be up tomorrow

Comment

OH HECK I'M A NICE GUY, i stayed up 15 minutes more and waited till it uploaded, here is the very much loved Jamias Vu,

Comment

what an INCREDIBLE SHOW! there is no words to describe this performance. They played the best set ive seen so far on this tour. it being:

ODE
                          BUG EYES
                          SAME OL ROAD
                          SORRY
                          TANBARK
                          CATCH W/O ARMS
                          IT ONLY TOOK
                          JAMAIS VU
                          (WALK IN THE PARK)
                          OF THE ROOM
                          SANGREAL
                          HUNGOVER
                          TRIANGLE
                          (THE ORNAMENT)
                          CANYON
                          YATAHAZE
                          (90 HOUR SLEEP)

Triangle was the highlight of the show for me. I've always wanted to see them play this live and they played it to the max tonight. The after show party was pretty cool. You had to buy the cd to get this pass that would allow you to meet them and get autographs. Im sure by doing this they are going to sell and substantial amount of cds this tour (ive already bought the album 3 times 1.Release date 2. Looney tunes Instore 3. After Show Pass). Im looking forward to the coheed tour even though i dont exactly care for coheed or mewithoutyou (I hope dredg's set is a decent length). At the end of dredg's set the roadies slowly started taking away dino's drum set as he was still playing a beat and playing piano until all he had left was a bass drum and snare. Then, drew proceeded to slam his bass into the bass drum leaving dino with nothing but his piano and a knocked over snare drum from the blast(but dino kept on playing hah). Great show guys and good luck in the future with the tour and next album.

Comment

i didn't bother with the afterparty thing i was low on cash and i think i have already bought the cd 3-4 times already and i have met them a few times in the past as well. also if you hung out downstairs when the opening bands were on they were all just walking around (it was at this time i got my signatures completed for my CWA booklet and got to thank drew for getting me into the show).
                            the show itself was pretty damn good. my only dissapointment was that there was only one and a half leitmotif songs but that fact they played "Sorry But It's Over" and 'Triangle" made up for it. all in all it was a great show.

Comment

thanks for sharing the vids guys!!
                              Originally posted by kata rokkar
                              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Working...
                              X