Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Looking for European filmers/tapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for European filmers/tapers

Hi,
    does anyone out there also plan to film/tape one of the upcoming European shows? I plan to film the Potsdam gig, probably also Amsterdam if I get another day off.
    We could team up for some multi-angle DVDs.

Cheers,
    bokkers
    I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Well if i'm sure i can go in with my cam, i will tape Paris show.
    But i don't want my cam to be taken by security guards...any advice is welcome
    Il picolait raide, le babouin!!

Comment

The band usually has the say when it comes to bringing in recording equiptment. Dredg is way cool with tapers, no one should hassle you. If they do tell them to talk to the band, I don't think it is legal to just take your camera.
      sigpic
      We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

if security is being harsh just give them some names...Rodney is the soundman. Drew, Gavin and Dino all support taping/filming and would stick up for you (pretty certain of it). Not sure if Mark is as pro-taping but I'm sure he's not against it.

Dino came up to us and was like "whoa who's mic stand is that? that's going to sound great." So I'd like to think he would tell any pushy security guards to let you be.

Comment

i think mark is cool with it. I talked with them after the providence gig and him dino and drew told me to put clips of my footage online.
          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
          you're pretty narcissistic
          enjoy that, nobody else does.
          Originally posted by Madklikor
          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

OK, guys, when you put your stuff online, don't forget to post the links here, OK?
            Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

9/13/2005 Melkweg Amsterdam, Netherlands
              9/14/2005 Promo Berlin, Germany
              9/15/2005 Waschhaus Potsdam, Germany
              9/16/2005 Promo Paris, France
              9/17/2005 Virgin in-store Paris, France
              9/18/2005 Fri-Son Fribourg, Switzerland
              9/19/2005 Transilvania Milan, Italy
              9/20/2005 Mean Fiddler London, United Kingdom
              9/22/2005 Razzmatazz Barcelona, Spain

just curious who was thinking of getting audio/video of what gigs?

Comment

mark is cool with it too. i filmed what seemed like only a few inches in front of him at the sac instore in june. i apologized to him at the next show i saw if i made him uncomfortable and he was real cool about it and said it was no problem at all.

Comment

thats what im talking about... guys that dont mind letting EVERYONE see them. Even people that are unable to see the shows. Theyre not greedy or money hungry... they just wanna be heard. Hopefully theyll be making music for a long time... it would make my every day life a whole lot easier.
                  Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Re: re: Looking for European filmers/tapers

Originally posted by dave
                    But i don't want my cam to be taken by security guards..
                    that's called theft.

Comment

But they are allowed to do it if you get it past them. Once you are inside of the venue with an item that they deem to be "illegal" as defined by their rules (which are generally posted somewhere in front of or just inside of the venue), they can take it from you.
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

i.e. House of Blues.

But the only reason they won't let you in with cameras is because of the logo. We have some logos on stage here and if you photograph the show, still or video, it infringes on the logo trademark. Unless of course you get a photo pass...then it's all good. Cuz we gave you permission. And we rock. Cuz we do.

I still don't know about recording audio though...I'm trying to find out though.

Oh wait....in walks my manager....I'll ask him. Please hold.

Ok. He said only if ALL the bands are ok with it. Which makes sense.

If Coheed is cool with it...I'm taping the Coheed and dredg show here on Sept 27th.

w00t!!

(Sorry about the strangeness of my post. I drank coffee today. I never drink coffee)

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

If Coheed is cool with it...I'm taping the Coheed and dredg show here on Sept 27th.
                          I won't be taping, but I'll be at show too!!
                          "I use music as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life." - Billy Corgan

http://www.myspace.com/medellia77

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                            But they are allowed to do it if you get it past them. Once you are inside of the venue with an item that they deem to be "illegal" as defined by their rules (which are generally posted somewhere in front of or just inside of the venue), they can take it from you.
                            they can take it, but they certainly can't keep it. federal laws aren't circumvented just because you broke a venue's rules. if that were the case, why not just kill you on the spot. that'll stop you from taping at the venue once and for all.

my point was this is something you shouldn't be afraid of.

Comment

Originally posted by tool712
                              i.e. House of Blues.

But the only reason they won't let you in with cameras is because of the logo. We have some logos on stage here and if you photograph the show, still or video, it infringes on the logo trademark. Unless of course you get a photo pass...then it's all good. Cuz we gave you permission. And we rock. Cuz we do.

I still don't know about recording audio though...I'm trying to find out though.

Oh wait....in walks my manager....I'll ask him. Please hold.

Ok. He said only if ALL the bands are ok with it. Which makes sense.

w00t!!

(Sorry about the strangeness of my post. I drank coffee today. I never drink coffee)
                              oh man i wish you worked at my local HOB venue. good luck on the 27th!

Comment

Working...
                              X