Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

About taping policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About taping policy

I've seen dredg 3 times and about to be 4th. I live in Buffalo ny, and last tour in may i saw them here and all video taping was allowed.. Well now i'm road tripping to the odeon on the 7th in cleveland ohio to see them... well this is an e-mail i received that i'm kinda pissed about...

Thank you for your interest in the Dredg show at the Odeon Concert Club
    on Sunday, August 7th. The camera policy is ultimately up to the band
    and we do not know for sure until the day of the show. A good rule of
    thumb is that disposable and small point-and-shoot cameras are okay.
    However, professional cameras, cameras with a zoom lens and digital
    cameras are typically prohibited. Cameras with audio and recording
    capabilities are prohibited as well. The Odeon does not permit video
    recording of any kind.
    Hope to see you at the show.

I was planning on video taping the whole show... i'll have to wait and see i guess.

well, if the venue wont let you film, you will have stealth if you really want to film. rodney will come out and try to help you, but if the venue says no, there is really nothing more he can do (this happened to me in San Diego). I did see a guy get a camcorder into the SD show (he left 15 minutes into dredg) though saying it was just a regular camera and he was just going to take pictures, so you might want to try that depending on how apt security is.

This also may just be their carbon copy email about filming too, there were multiple venues that had big signs posted saying "NO AUDIO/VIDEO RECORDING ALLOWED" and then we walked right in with two bags full of gear and two stands, and even one venue where they had a security guard going up and down the line waiting to get in saying the same thing, but then we had no problems getting our stuff in the venue. I'd advise just to get to the show a couple hours before doors and try to get a hold of rodney or someone from the band to help you out and find out for sure.

Comment

If anything you can hold a knife to a puppy's throat and threaten to kill it if they do not let you tape, I think that would work...
      sigpic
      We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
      happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
      X