Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Dan and Gavin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan and Gavin

Don't think this has been posted yet.

Dredg frontman Gavin Hayes will be part of the live line-up for Dan The Automator's upcoming west coast run
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Neat. Can't wait to hear some live clips.

Comment

i can't remember, gnomad, did you ever find any project of dan the automator's that you liked?

i just saw the seattle date last night and was contemplating whether i should go or not.  now it's a given.
      Originally posted by vsd
      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Yeah, I did... I didn't think much of Deltron, but I liked what I heard of Handsome Boy Modeling School... and Gorillaz isn't that bad, I just don't like that singer...

Comment

Anyone care to speculate what duties Gavin will be handling?

Comment

probably singing and/or guitar of some sort
            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
            you're pretty narcissistic
            enjoy that, nobody else does.
            Originally posted by Madklikor
            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I'm not a fan either but it might be good.
              sigpic
              We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

this is from dan's blog:

Tour lineup and details

West Coast tour in place
                Will feature: my band
                Chali 2na from Jurassic 5
                AG from DITC
                Casual from Hieroglyphics
                Domino from Hieroglyphics
                Gavin from Dredg

It will be the first ever (that I know of) live mixtape. It should be pretty exciting. There is a fairly high degree of skill involved to pull this off, so you might get to see some really incredible terrible mistakes take place if you show up (especially to the earlier dates) I'm looking foreward to see if it will all work!
                Originally posted by vsd

Comment

Live mixtape? You know, I didn't care about this act that much before those two words were put together... now, I'm very intrigued. Perhaps I'll make the Catalyst date.

Comment

is there no one who visit these shows? i would have if i lived in usa

Comment

i went.  it was fun.  hip hop shows always have lots of positive energy in the crowds.  it's a nice change compared to the moshing.  i liked the whole live mixtape concept.  they had a live band backing up dan the automator.  it was essentially a rotating cast of rappers coming out to do their respective songs with dan.  gavin definitely seemed like the odd one out, but it was cool nonetheless.  he was the only performer not to come out during the encore which was disappointing.  the sound was definitely geared towards the low end, so it was hard to hear his voice, but he did the best he could.  he did a little ditty when he first came out that i was unfamiliar with.  then, the sang real remix, and after that he helped out on the chorus for one of chali2na's songs  i just thought it was weak how everyone gave shout outs to every performer seemingly before, during and after every song, calling out everyone's name except for gavin's.
                      Originally posted by vsd

Comment

Working...
                      X