Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

No insects were harmed during the production of this record.

Comment

I think if the chorus of the song wasn't so dark and disturbing sounding and more catchy and pretty, "The Tent" could have been the best song on the CD. The verses are just so groovy and Gavin's voice is sexy as fuck.
      Always full.

Comment

Originally posted by gderd View Post
        we want good news
        Fingers crossed

Comment

There are some good moments scattered throughout the verses, I will give you that.

Comment

hey people you have to leak it, if not, i will not buy it, i only buy leaked-albums *evil look*

Comment

Originally posted by gderd View Post
              hey people you have to leak it, if not, i will not buy it, i only buy leaked-albums *evil look*
              I think if/when a leak does occur, it'd be a decent idea to distribute the link via PMs. It's way too easy for a lurker to come on the board, grab it, and pop it up on a torrent site if a link was out there in broad daylight.

Just my .02 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Chroma View Post
                I think if/when a leak does occur, it'd be a decent idea to distribute the link via PMs. It's way too easy for a lurker to come on the board, grab it, and pop it up on a torrent site if a link was out there in broad daylight.

Just my .02 cents.
                This is a great idea, PM links, and people swear they will not leak it.

Comment

The good news is that this album is nothing like they've done before. That's said about pretty much all their albums, but that has never been truer than it is here.

I'm still totally on the fence with this album. As a dredg album, it's honestly my least favorite. However, if I'm looking at it as a collaboration with Dan the Automator (which it pretty much is), this album is pretty great.

Another Tribe: This is easily my favorite song on the album right now. It's pretty mellow and the chorus is kind of catchy.

Upon Returning: Way better than it sounds live. It actually makes WAY more sense the way it is on the album. This is one of the tracks that make you realize the live performance of these songs is going to be much different.

The Tent: Honestly, I think this is the worst song they've ever put out. For the most part, it's pretty boring and the chorus is extremely repetitive. But, you know, I've come around on a lot of their songs, so maybe I will eventually with this one too.

Somebody Is Laughing: I didn't initially like this song, but the more I thought about it, this is the most traditionally dredg sounding song on the album. Could have fit on CWA.

Down Without a Fight: My second favorite song. This is going to be weird to hear live.

The Ornament: I like it, but I prefer the live version from the Rushdie thing. I don't care for the constant hi hat in the song.

The Thought of Losing You: Here's some bad news for those that didn't like this song. I consider this song to be a highlight on the album.

Kalathat: This actually stands apart from the rest of the album. Could have fit well on PPD.

Sun Goes Down: This song is growing on me a lot. Very poppy sound. I don't know if any of you have heard of Kenna, but it sounds like one of his songs.

Where I'll End Up: It sounds exactly the same as it did live. I've heard people says it's different, but I don't hear it.

Before It Began: This song kind of reminds me a little of the El Cielo Blueprints and Halong Bay.

Comment

Gnomad,

Thanks for the track by track mini review. Hearing that a track sounds like a Kenna track makes me excited. Kenna can write some funky, catchy tunes.

Comment

Thank you for writing this, but now I will go cry and maybe kill myself, we need to listen

Comment

Whoops, my bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                          The good news is that this album is nothing like they've done before. That's said about pretty much all their albums, but that has never been truer than it is here.

I'm still totally on the fence with this album. As a dredg album, it's honestly my least favorite. However, if I'm looking at it as a collaboration with Dan the Automator (which it pretty much is), this album is pretty great.

Another Tribe: This is easily my favorite song on the album right now. It's pretty mellow and the chorus is kind of catchy.

Upon Returning: Way better than it sounds live. It actually makes WAY more sense the way it is on the album. This is one of the tracks that make you realize the live performance of these songs is going to be much different.

The Tent: Honestly, I think this is the worst song they've ever put out. For the most part, it's pretty boring and the chorus is extremely repetitive. But, you know, I've come around on a lot of their songs, so maybe I will eventually with this one too.

Somebody Is Laughing: I didn't initially like this song, but the more I thought about it, this is the most traditionally dredg sounding song on the album. Could have fit on CWA.

Down Without a Fight: My second favorite song. This is going to be weird to hear live.

The Ornament: I like it, but I prefer the live version from the Rushdie thing. I don't care for the constant hi hat in the song.

The Thought of Losing You: Here's some bad news for those that didn't like this song. I consider this song to be a highlight on the album.

Kalathat: This actually stands apart from the rest of the album. Could have fit well on PPD.

Sun Goes Down: This song is growing on me a lot. Very poppy sound. I don't know if any of you have heard of Kenna, but it sounds like one of his songs.

Where I'll End Up: It sounds exactly the same as it did live. I've heard people says it's different, but I don't hear it.

Before It Began: This song kind of reminds me a little of the El Cielo Blueprints and Halong Bay.
                          Hmmm interesting thoughts. Here's mine:

Another Tribe: It reminds me of a hip hop song from the 90s. Think Gangsta's Paradise. It's a real pessimistic song from Gavin. I like it.

Upon Returning: Love this song. The guitar is so raunchy, the beat is heavy, and I agree with Gnomad that it sounds way better than it did live.

The Tent: As I've been saying, REALLY sexy and dark. I love the verses, the chorus bothers me. It is repetitive for not being very catchy at all.

Someone is Laughing: This is a definite highlight for me. Extremely catchy. Lots of shit going on percussion wise it seems. The last minute or so is great.

Down Without A Fight: You've heard part of this in that mask making video. It's ridiculously dancey and I love it and everyone should. That is all.

The Ornament: Classic. It's got more of a sexy, jazz vibe to it than the Rushdie sessions. I love this song and it will probably always be my favorite on this CD

The Thought of Losing You: As Gnomad said...this is a definite highlight. The song sounds better in the mix of these songs than it does by itself. Maybe it's also because I've heard it more than the rest of the cd but...this song is great.

Kalathat: I disliked this a lot at first. It grew considerably. Cool acoustic song.

Sun Goes Down: I don't know who Kenna is but the only thing I think of when I listen to this song is FUCKING SHAKIRA. Probably the worst 'dredg' song ever.

Where I'll End Up: Gnomad, bro...you gotta relisten to the live version. The live version is MUCH better. Don't get me wrong, I like this version, it's a good song and one of the better songs on the cd, but the live version took the tiny bridge on this album and did it with so much more energy, Mark's amazingly dramatic tremolo and fucking SAXOPHONE. Why didn't they incorporate the sax into this version?!!?

Before it Began: .....a fun song that should never end a dredg cd...or even make it on to one.
                          Always full.

Comment

Damn, I guess it's a good thing for sales that I ordered the album before reading this. I hope I don't end up feeling like I bought a cool t-shirt with an album thrown in.

I hope so. Halong Bay has always been a favorite of mine.
                            ---
                            Originally posted by Clouds View Post
                            Hmmm interesting thoughts. Here's mine:

Another Tribe: It reminds me of a hip hop song from the 90s. Think Gangsta's Paradise. It's a real pessimistic song from Gavin. I like it.

Upon Returning: Love this song. The guitar is so raunchy, the beat is heavy, and I agree with Gnomad that it sounds way better than it did live.

The Tent: As I've been saying, REALLY sexy and dark. I love the verses, the chorus bothers me. It is repetitive for not being very catchy at all.

Someone is Laughing: This is a definite highlight for me. Extremely catchy. Lots of shit going on percussion wise it seems. The last minute or so is great.

Down Without A Fight: You've heard part of this in that mask making video. It's ridiculously dancey and I love it and everyone should. That is all.

The Ornament: Classic. It's got more of a sexy, jazz vibe to it than the Rushdie sessions. I love this song and it will probably always be my favorite on this CD

The Thought of Losing You: As Gnomad said...this is a definite highlight. The song sounds better in the mix of these songs than it does by itself. Maybe it's also because I've heard it more than the rest of the cd but...this song is great.

Kalathat: I disliked this a lot at first. It grew considerably. Cool acoustic song.

Sun Goes Down: I don't know who Kenna is but the only thing I think of when I listen to this song is FUCKING SHAKIRA. Probably the worst 'dredg' song ever.

Where I'll End Up: Gnomad, bro...you gotta relisten to the live version. The live version is MUCH better. Don't get me wrong, I like this version, it's a good song and one of the better songs on the cd, but the live version took the tiny bridge on this album and did it with so much more energy, Mark's amazingly dramatic tremolo and fucking SAXOPHONE. Why didn't they incorporate the sax into this version?!!?

Before it Began: .....a fun song that should never end a dredg cd...or even make it on to one.
                            Wow, the reviews so far have been pretty negative considering the small group that has been treated to the album. The phrase "worst dredg song ever" keeps popping up, and about more than one song.
                            I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

The Thought of Losing You is the highlight?

Oh dear lord, have mercy on us all.
                              last.fm

Comment

• Re: Album Discussion: Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Been at work and now see that more and more people have it. If anyone's willing to share via PM I'd appreciate it. Please and Thank You.

Obviously anxious to hear the tone/flow of the album - sounds intriguing if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X