Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Catch Without Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Album Discussion: Catch Without Arms

DREDG NEEDS MOAR HUNGOVER ON A TUESDAY

Srsly, that has to be their most underplayed song (if you don't count the b-sides, Leitmotif, or 'Spitshine' which really wasn't that great) and that's the song that got me into Dredg. Tsk.
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I want to walk around half-naked and in sequins and dressed like, I don't know, a pirate, maybe, proclaiming my heterosexuality.

Comment

have dredg played this album on its entirety?

Comment

nope. not in one straight through show. but they've played every song off from the album I believe
        Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
        you're pretty narcissistic
        enjoy that, nobody else does.
        Originally posted by Madklikor
        You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

The only song I've never seen them play live from this album is Spitshine. Don't think I ever will see it, though.

Comment

but they have played it

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear View Post
              but they have played it
              did they play it any after the album came out? i know they played it a lot before it came out. and that version was far superior.

Comment

I tried to look up a video on YouTube of them playing it and I couldn't find anything. Nothing posted for that song live I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                  did they play it any after the album came out? i know they played it a lot before it came out. and that version was far superior.
                  Nah, it was only before.

Comment

^

Comment

Even after what I would consider my "peak" in being able to enjoy PPD in all of it's glory, I still would say that I like CWA more because of the fond memories I have with it. Mainly because I was still living on my own with my girlfriend at the time, if you wanna call her that. In hindsight, I would call her a roommate that I had sex with a lot. But, and I still remember it vividly, SHE was the one who wanted to be my girlfriend. I heard it straight from her mouth.

Comment

Sometimes I listen to this CD and it hits me how incredible Jamais Vu is. The chorus is one of the most hair raising things I've ever experienced in music.
                        Always full.

Comment

i just love Uplifting (without news) from Coquette demo - far better than the album version.
                          <- This dog is smoking a pipe.

Your argument is invalid.

Comment

All I gotta say about CWA is that it will forever be a gem in my heart. However, I, too, wish "Uplifting News" and "Stationary Transient" were included in the actual release and not just the demos.
                            A Drifter's Dream

Comment

"Uplifting News" was released on the German (I believe) import. "Stationary Transient" wasn't leaked as demo. It was released on the Bug Eyes 7" as the b-side. If you have a not great quality recordin' of it that's cause someone got a sound file made from said vinyl.
                              Originally posted by Gnomad
                              How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

I would have rather had Stone By Stone instead of Spitshine, but what can you do?

Oh, that's right, you can make your own album mix, remove Spitshine and replace it with Stone By Stone. Huh. Glad I did that.
                                A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Working...
                                X