Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Umphreys McGee - SAFETY IN NUMBERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umphreys McGee - SAFETY IN NUMBERS

Found a leak last nite, granted, the timing is nothing significant since it's out on Tuesday. If any of you folks are interested I could yousendit later this evening.

Upon hearing the 1st few tracks, it's good, a little different..more symphonic than their last album ANCHOR DROPS.

For those unfamiliar: these guys are not like most "jam bands" so-to-speak. More proggy, heavier, but they still do a lot of what jambands do.
    Great live band as well. Wouldn't shock me if they covered a Dredg song someday.

Kyle
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

yousend that shit, sounds good!

Comment

dooo it.

Comment

ok, sorry about not putting it up last nite, I was ysi-ing a live bootleg from Pure Reason Revolution for a friend and it took over 7 hours (it was a lossless file)

anyway, upon further hearing this, it's more jazzy and song-oriented. If you dig this, I could do the same with ANCHOR DROPS which I don't think has a bad song on it.

Kyle
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Thank you very much.
          - -- --- ----

Comment

Umphrees are from where I live, and they play live here all the time. For some reason though I can't get into them. They're really popular around here among people my age, but i just can't sit down and listen to them. Oh well.
            His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

Re: Umphreys McGee - SAFETY IN NUMBERS

their new album drops on Tuesday. "Mantis"..wow..this is A TON better than Safety in Numbers..Orchestral..layered..catchy..

teaser:
              Check out the music, merchandise, concerts and tour dates for Umphrey's McGee, a sophisticated mix of cutting-edge technology and a stellar light show.

try it
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

i will give it a listen why not, i'm a stoner.
                http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

wow, this is really good man. always just kind of associated them with Phish and all that, but I can actually stand this. Any chance of you upping the other one you mentioned?

BYOB

Comment

sure..yeah this new album is really good and addictive. Orchestral, catchy, energetic, layered..mult-part songs and what not.

I can put up "Anchor Drops" up later..it's quite good, and this new one is more similar to that, than "Safety in Numbers."

SoundscapeMN added 556 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

um_ad's
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

nice. thanks man.

BYOB

Comment

seeing them on Saturday Night even if it is at 1st Ave..this album is just too damn good to miss-out on a show for....2nd show of a 3-night stand in Mpls...
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X