Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

O.C.eansize . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.C.eansize . . .

so i'm sitting here dorking out on my computer, my roommate on the couch behind me watching tv, and what do i hear?
    meredith by oceansize
    i flip around immediately and ask her what she's watching . . .
    it's the fucking o.c.
    hmmm . . . .
    bummer
    oh well, maybe oceansize can get some good exposure from it, but it seems weird to me . . . but i guess all i know about the show is how "cool" it is . . . what do you fine folks think?
    Originally posted by kata rokkar
    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

It seems like that show plays a lot of different (and good) music.

Comment

wow.

I have no idea what to think of that. That's disappointing and surprising among many other things.

weird.
      - -- --- ----

Comment

wow...Porcupine Tree was once played on a show on the WB called "Birds Of Prey"..anyway, I'm pretty shocked none-the-less.

Kyle
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

shocked the shit out of me . . . the other night i was at work and my girlfriend text messaged me telling me they were playing some weird cover of a bright eyes song . . . it's amazing how much tv shows are using somewhat underground music these days . . . i remember hearing woven and radiohead during one episode of csi . . .
          Originally posted by kata rokkar
          Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

It's cheaper to use unknown indie music, plus it's usually.. Much better music

Comment

All the record companies and television producers out in Hollywood know all of the "underground" indie bands. You are far more likely to hear an indie track than a major-label artist on a TV show or movie soundtrack (with the exceptions being the huge Hollywood films, where the music is meant to sell the album to make more money). The only reason they don't get signed is because they won't go platinum, and that's what the labels care about.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I just wish all shows would stick the music credit up at the end- So many times I've heard a great song and had no idea who it was...

Talking of Oceansize, saw em last night...pretty good set, even if the bloody light show would have filled Wembley Stadium never mind the small Academy venue!!

I've put a recording of it up on DIME- I think it's still seeding

Comment

Re: O.C.eansize . . .

and i thought mellowdrone being played on veronica mars was bad.... i guess now that radio is complete crap (there's not even an alt rock station in NYC - the biggest freakin market in the US) the record labels have to find new ways to promote their bands

Comment

Working...
                  X