Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

New issue of "Alternative Press"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New issue of "Alternative Press"

100 Bands You Need To Know in 2006 issue, has some intriguing new bands. Just to summarize from what I've read, the bands they mentioned in there include:

MuteMath
    Facing New York
    Vedera

review of the new Oceansize and Men, Women And Children

and then bands I hadn't heard about that intrigue me some:

3 (band from NYC not Jacksonville, FLA) - like a mix of King's X and Coheed And Cambria
    World Leader Pretend
    The Receing End Of Sirens
    Protest The Hero - Heavy..with Prog and Punk mix

they also do a feature on Panic At The Disco, who I've heard..and think they played some videos for during Avenged Sevenfold and Coheed's TRL appearance.

They also reference Circa Survive in this issue a lot fwiw. I don't usually read this magazine, but I suppose if they introduce some new bands I might like that's cool.

Anyone else pick it up?

Kyle
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Any new news on Circa Survive? I really want a new album from them. I'm glad Sound of Animals Fighting has a new cd coming out though.
    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

3 is amazingly good...i'm seeing them in a week or so with Yakuza (another awesome band, IMO). With a sig that says, Midwest Prog, you should check em out.
      http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

yeah, I found a copy of the 3 album WAKE PIG for $5 last nite at Cheapo and I gotta say I am digging them. Remind me a little of Psychotic Waltz with their use of syncopation and time shifting. Sux about their tour, they are playing in Rochester, MN and not in Minneapolis or St.Paul? :shock: ..I might consider driving the 3+ hrs South for them if I get enough into them from now til then. It's on a weeknight though which doesn't help.

Kyle
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Holy shit, that's awesome.

Comment

AP usually sucks, but that issue had some interesting bands listed.

Comment

World Leader Pretend & Protest The Hero
              were the only bands I wasn't already aware of

maybe i'll give those a listen soonish

mwc friday, yeah!
              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
              you're pretty narcissistic
              enjoy that, nobody else does.
              Originally posted by Madklikor
              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad
                AP usually sucks, but that issue had some interesting bands listed.
                I actually find AP to generally be pretty good.... if you ignore their covers. The past few issues haven't been the best, but 24 issues for $20 is not a bad deal either way.
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I'm excited now..3 announced a MINNEAPOLIS SHOW!..albeit on the 2nd nite of Pesach..but so be it..I'll find a way to go to Seder and see the concert!..

Protest The Hero are pretty good..need to hear them more.

Kyle
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

re: New issue of "Alternative Press"

24 issues for $20 is not a bad deal either way

at TOC they had a booth...you could get a subscription for $7...i ate that up like the last piece of ham. 3 years for $21...

and Wake Pig for 5 bucks is an awesome deal, man.
                    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

The FNY blurb was pretty good, although it focused more on them being broke and living in vans and closets than on their music. Whatever. Nice too see them and some other good bands getting some exposure.

Comment

Yeah. The Dresden Dolls are in the new issue, as well as a history of Saves The Day. The cover sucks (Hawthorne Heights.... AGAIN), but the inside looks intriguing. They also review the new Taking Back Sunday album.... which should be good, despite Where You Want To Be
                        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                        X