Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Anyone else's town get Tornado'd to shit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else's town get Tornado'd to shit?

Mine did. Maybe you've heard about Sedalia, MO on the news lately...I saw the road my girlfriend and daughter live on on CNN and MSNBC....we had Tornado warnings from about 3:30 pm to around 11 at night yesterday. 1 dead, 6 injured, 2 missing...over 150 people had their homes destroyed. The worst of the damage was a couple of blocks from my gf's house. Around 5 or so, the local news told us that a "life threatening and extremely dangerous" storm was headed right for our town. Being the backwards ass hillbilly i try not to be, I went outside for a look. I watched the tornado go off to my east...it touched the ground, then went back up...touched ground, went back up....etc, etc...then it landed on a rural community about 10 min. east of me. Scary as shit. I'd never seen tennis ball size hail before. And it's only March. Storm season doesn;t even start for another couple of months.

I know a couple people on here are from Lawerence and elsewhere in the midwest....any stories?

Edit: Here's a link to the story on CNN.com...that trailer was up the road from my gf and daughter.... http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/03/1....ap/index.html
    http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

I know that happend up in Lawrence (KU classes were even canceled today). I'm about an hour and 20 minutes south west of Lawrence. I wasn't here this weekend but apparently we didn't get anything.
    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Yeah, I live down a the Lake of the Ozarks and got super lucky and barely got any rain. My brother lives up in columbia though and he said that the roof on his his work van got completely caved in from all the hail. He said it was just a little bit bigger than a golf ball.

Those storms yesterday were Nasty. I bet after this damn warm winter that we've had that we're probably going to see a LOT more of those damn things...

...it's good to hear that you guys are ok though. You never know what's going to happen to you when you see a twister.
      Originally posted by Ars Sycro
      I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Over here in Northern Indiana, we got huge thunderstorms and some hail, but nothing extremely serious. My friends neighbor's house got hit by lightning and burned down completely, but other than that we didnt nearly get what you guys did. But we're kindof outside the Tornado belt. That really sucks sorry, but even though this sounds a little sadistic and horrible, you can say you survived a tornado, and you definately saw some rad things that I wouldnt mind seeing. (Dont think Im an ass, It would have been better if it never happened, but just pointing out a positive, if there is any.)
        His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

Mother nature has gotten quite fierce over the last few years.

Glad to see that you guys are ok.
          - -- --- ----

Comment

NCN: Glad that your girlfriend and daughter are okay, man. Must have been pretty scary.

Comment

yeah, I'm at KU. Lotsa buildings are damaged, but it was a microburst, not a tornado here. My hall had no power from 8 AM yesterday to 9:30 this morning, so I went home to Topeka and spent the night. Lotsa damaged cars as well.

-Ben

Comment

Working...
              X