Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Brokeback Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brokeback Mountain

was great...I loved the acoustic guitar score...

re: Brokeback Mountain

WTF?
    Wild illusions dictate MY next move.

Comment

re: Brokeback Mountain

Brokeback Mountain:

great:
      3 : remarkable in magnitude, degree, or effectiveness <great bloodshed>
      4 : full of emotion <great with anger>
      love:
      1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties
      acoustic guitar:

score:
      6b : a musical composition; specifically : the music for a movie or theatrical production

Comment

Looks like a rental.
        sigpic
        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
        happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

here in the midwest, we like our cowboys hetero and ugly. as for all you liberal tree huggers out there, you can keep your queer movies and your diet soda.

VOTE BUSH FOR LIFE IN 08!
          http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Originally posted by noclevername
            here in the midwest, we like our cowboys hetero and ugly. as for all you liberal tree huggers out there, you can keep your queer movies and your diet soda.

VOTE BUSH FOR LIFE IN 08!
            Greatest... Post... Ever... !!!
            Originally posted by Ars Sycro
            I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

hahaha . . . so funny, but oh so sadly true . . .
              Originally posted by kata rokkar
              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

not a movie high on my "must-see" list. sorry but buttsex just isn't something i'm compelled to watch.

Comment

i saw this. it was an excellent score. good movie.. don't love it because of the shock value, don't hate it because of the shock value but its definitely entertaining and good movie to see.

Comment

ok. the movie isn't about butt sex. there is a brief encounter between jack and ennis, and it's not explicit at all. in fact, there's a lot more hetero sex in the movie. the movie is about the relationship these two men share with each other, and how they go about their lives, and still have their connection years later. the movie wasn't about shock value, it's about two people that love each other.

as as for the topic of a gay cowboys. explain to me the chaps, garishly large belt-buckles, and (at times) rhinestones. i think cowboys are offeneded because their secret little life-style has been made public.

Comment

It think that's quite an over-statement to say all cowboys are gay or that homosexuality is "their little secret".

I think we all very well know the meaning of the movie. It's a love story. But personally, I wouldn't want to watch it because: A. I don't like love story movies that much B. I'm straight and wouldn't feel comfortable watching a gay sex scene and C. I'm a Christian and don't support the lifestyle. I tolerate it, but I don't support it.

It definitely carries shock value. Older generations, for the most part, frown upon homosexuality. So this in mind subconsiously intices the younger crowds in.

Comment

funny you mention the older generations.

when i went to the movie, it was a 1pm showing. the audience was primarily the elderly. i didn't ask any of them what their opinions on it were, but they were there, and nobody walked out in disgust or anything.

and my cowboys being gay comment is a joke. conan said more-or-less what i did.

Originally posted by Conan O'Brien
                        Today, the controversial new movie Brokeback Mountain opens, about two gay cowboys. Apparently, you can tell the characters are gay because they're dressed like cowboys.

Comment

Yes, but Conan O'Brien was funny...

Speaking of jokes, why didn't you find his joke funny? It was better than yours.

And why does it make you a homophobe for not wanting to see this movie? His opinions are valid, stop being a jerk.

Comment

to tollerate something(one) is like saying "i really wish they didn't exist...but since they do...i suppose they can continue breathing the same air as me..."

acceptance and realization that other's private lifestyles....loves... have no direct effect upon your own makes for a much more pleasant world....

Also, God doesn't "tollerate" any of his creations......he accepts them and loves them as Jesus did on earth.....something some religions seem to have forgotten....

yes, this post is in response to what someone said....is this post an attack directed at that person...no...but their choice of words made me want to write this.

i'm not trying to be a jerk...just voicing my beliefs....so, i'm sorry if this offends anyone...but i'm not sorry for what i said.
                            Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                            you're pretty narcissistic
                            enjoy that, nobody else does.
                            Originally posted by Madklikor
                            You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by evasivetear
                              to tollerate something(one) is like saying "i really wish they didn't exist...but since they do...i suppose they can continue breathing the same air as me..."

acceptance and realization that other's private lifestyles....loves... have no direct effect upon your own makes for a much more pleasant world....

Also, God doesn't "tollerate" any of his creations......he accepts them and loves them as Jesus did on earth.....something some religions seem to have forgotten....

yes, this post is in response to what someone said....is this post an attack directed at that person...no...but their choice of words made me want to write this.

i'm not trying to be a jerk...just voicing my beliefs....so, i'm sorry if this offends anyone...but i'm not sorry for what i said.
                              evasive put everything i was going to say into words before I could

Comment

Working...
                              X