Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Pure Reason Revolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Reason Revolution

Pure Reason Revolution's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

ok I guess this band has had some discussion amongst the Porcupine Tree communities. A few weeks ago a guy brought them up on mike portnoy's forum. I liked some of the stuff I heard but wasn't floored exactly.

Well I went back and sampled them again today and I think I'm officially a fan now. They have a new album coming out next year called "The Dark Third" I guess.

Anyone who was at South/Southwest last year could have seen them, and they opened for Matiyashu too. Hopefully they'll tour the States in support of their new album next year.

any other fans?

Kyle
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

I quite like what I've heard, and I'm seeing them early next year. They played not far from me last weekend and was going to go until I phoned the venue for show time and they said 'about midnight'!!

They remind me a bit of a band from the 80's early 90's called CRUMBACHER, at least that 'Bright Ambassadors..' song does!

Comment

man your lucky you will get to see them!

I have never heard of CRUMBACHER, but some of their influences I can see being slightly 80's-ish.

Since this I have gone back to their page 4 or 5 times. If you get the chance, check out their Homepage specifically their "Origin"..the 4th star from the right on the bottom. Good reading. Also there is a free mp3 for signing up for their mailing list on there.

thanks, I will check out CRUMBACHER

Kyle
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Ha! Their website- it must have won an award for the most unaccesible, difficult to navigate site in the whole universe!! They really do need to change that-it really is awful!!

Comment

They have a new song on their myspace page TREMBLING WILLOWS that is incredible!

I cannot get enough of this band. Porcupine Tree fans I could easily see freaking for them.

I got their 2005 mini album CAUTIONARY TALES FOR THE BRAVE and I am playing it repeatedly..like 10 times in the last week. I have a feeling a year from now, these guys will be the big new band in Prog...I swear after hearing the new song..they can't do anything wrong...the crescendos and the harmony vocals..the tone of the guitar player on those heavier riffs..addictive as hell.

THE DARK THIRD comes out in early March..man I cannot wait!

Kyle
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

need to pass along..THE DARK THIRD will be out in April for the US, March in the UK.

At any case, if people are curious about them, you can check their myspace page like I said. They also have shown up on dimeadozen a few times recently. Also, the band some of the members used to be in "The Sunset Sound" have some killer demos available

Also, if you are not into going to myspace, their stuff is available do d/l http://www.iblamethecannabis.com/~sara go to 2 different folders: 1 being "Pure Reason Revolution" and 1 being "The Sunset Sound"

Kyle
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

hey..it's been awhile since this topic was bumped..anyway

the European version of THE DARK THIRD is released next Tuesday 4/10 (atleast via a few European sites like record.co.uk), but the US version which has a different tracklisting doesn't come out for over a month.

At any case, a guy I know just got received a Promo of the European version off ebay from someone who I guess picked it up at one of their recent gigs. He put it up tonite..I'd really suggest checking this band out..they really have the Psych-thing down, and the production and mixing quality really is evident.

Pure Reason Revolution - THE DARK THIRD (Promo)

Kyle
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Saw them three times in the space of 12 days recently- They are very, very good- little bit lacking in stagecraft perhaps,but they are very 'busy' on stage (constantly swapping equippment, vocal harmonies..etc.etc...) so I guess there isn't much time for anything else, but you'd have thought with a table full of merch and a new album due imminently that they'd at least try a bit of self publicity!!!

Comment

hmm.."self publicity"?..you mean with the promos?..they have somewhat I think. I mean I know people who have had the album for awhile now. But they are a new band, so they are still seeking street team people. Touring with Oceansize again probably helped. And they are supposed to tour more or less all year.

But yeah, they are "busy" you could say..all the layering and vocal harmonies..that is part of what I love about them..far from simple music really.

Kyle
                  allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

No, by self publicity, I mean having more (or, at least, SOME) interaction with the crowd!! Playing a support slot especially where the vast majority of the crowd won't have a clue who you are, who won't know you've got an album coming out in a couple of weeks time, I'd have thought at least a 'Hi, were 'PRR, we've got our debut album coming out next month, here's a song from it, it's called......' or 'this is from our EP which you buy at our merchandise desk at the back of the room' would be a minimal requirement. If I were their manager or label, I'd be bollocking them as soon as they came of stage for not doing that.

It's only a minor gripe really, but it's something that they really need to take on board as they get more experienced.

Comment

ahh, hmm..part of that could be due to if their set is short, part of that could be their intension live (ever seen Robert Fripp?..the guy has a way of doing things, and it's either HIS way or NO way..he'll walk off stage if he sees anyone take a photo)..

but part of that also could be just experience. I have a couple of bootlegs and they have said a thing or 2 to the audience, but not a lot I suppose. Maybe it's just a personality thing?..dunno..the members are very friendly and interact with the fans online (on myspace and their forum atleast). But like I said, maybe it's something they're not aware of or learning to do more of that they haven't yet.

Kyle
                      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Thing is, this is the time they should be learning it because this is when they are trying to get their name known. They are aware of it, as it does come up quite a bit on their own forum. No ones asking for a Dave Lee Roth style rant between songs, just a bit of 'this is who we are' stuff.

As for Fripp, I think I'd rather spend an evening with by Bin Laden and Saddam than ever having to endure his music and/or attitude :-))

Comment

This band is fucking awesome. Thank you very much for pointing them out!

Comment

Album is out on Monday too!!! Mini album appears regularly on ebay.

Comment

Altair, hey..good to hear you're digging them. When I 1st heard them, I liked what I heard, but then I read about them on their page and sampled them more and became addicted.

barney, yeah..the European version is out Tuesday http://www.recordstore.co.uk has it amongst others. The US version is inferior, however I think makes some sense as they are virtually unknown here and the EP, CAUTIONARY TALES FOR THE BRAVE is never available in stores. I am probably going to purchase both versions anyway.

Kyle
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X