Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Hobbit film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit film

I have no idea if there are any other Tolkien geeks on here, but I for one am stoked.

THE HOBBIT Trailer HD - For more movie news and interviews go to http://www.collider.com Synopsis:"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" follows title character...
    just sayin'...

Re: The Hobbit film

It was shot with Red Ones, so it has that going for it. We know that it will at least be visually striking.

On that note, I have been noticing a lot more shitty set and costume design because of the introduction of really high definition cameras. There are some movies that I really can't watch in HD because you can really see how crappy the sets look. You can just tell they're fake. It really pervades in the big budget action movies set in the past.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

this thread needs more comments about how awesome tolkien is. get set GO!
      just sayin'...

Comment

Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I'm pretty excited. I was given the Lord of the Rings when I was in first grade. Been a Tolkien nerd ever since.

Comment

I haven't read the hobbit since I was 12, but hopefully the movie is good.
            sigpic
            We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
            happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Everything about that trailer rules. Not only is this being shot with Reds, it's being filmed at 48fps. They damn well better get a projector capable of that output in my local theaters. If you haven't seen the production diaries, check them out. My favorite one is easily this one, due to the technical aspects of the production:

Production Video #4 from the set of THE HOBBIT, 4 November 2011Courtesy Peter Jackson at https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150451523596807
              Last edited by Fawst; December 29, 2011, 05:35 PM.
              A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Working...
              X