Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Gotye - Somebody I Used to Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotye - Somebody I Used to Know

The official music video for “Somebody That I Used To Know” by Gotye, featuring Kimbra. From the album Making Mirrors. Get the song here: https://gotye.lnk.t...

fans? if you are and haven't heard this song, or if you aren't, very recommended!
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Re: Gotye - Somebody I Used to Know

bump.

Kimbra's debut album "Vows" came out yesterday and some of it is damn catchy.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Holy fuck nuggets, this pretty darn awesome… And they're playing near me in November. Thanks for this, I'm definitely going to check him out.
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

I only heard of this song because he was annoyed with the Glee version (which I have not heard). In fact, I didn't even hear the song until Sunday night when it happened to be on the radio as I was heading home from a bar. What a punch to the gut! And the video is brilliant, it's just so perfectly done. The emotion playing out from both of them is incredible. Such a beautiful song. He reminds me of Peter Gabriel and the song reminds me of The Postal Service's "Nothing Better" with its "two sides to the story." I just hope the rest of the album is as good as this.
        A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

This song has blown up here like only a real pophit does. I have listened to it to death, so it's begun to annoy me a little bit!

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
          I just hope the rest of the album is as good as this.

It isn't. But it's still worth listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzGOq42zLk

this live version is pretty killer

Comment

Fuckin chills from that song, damn. That's too bad about the album. I'll have to check out some of the songs to see if I'm at all interested in picking it up.
            A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

i would do bad things to kimbra...especially in her video for settle down

Comment

Don't be fooled, the album is certainly still worth picking up. If might not have 11 other songs as good as this one, but Bronte is up there, and the rest complements the standouts well.
                Originally posted by vsd
                ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Everyone and literally everyone I know love that song.

Comment

Great song. It's one of those popular songs that you have to be a total contrarian ass to dislike. It's one of those great songs that also lucks into popularity. Now, it's definitely hooky and poppy, but there's no shame in that if you treat it respectfully.
                    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Hmmm... there are bits and pieces I enjoy, but on the whole, it's just not for me. It's definitely unique, though. Reminds me a bit of Peter Gabriel.

Comment

This song is awesome and it could be one of the top songs of this decade.

it's a shame that a lot of don't really know who really did this song.

Comment

I always hear Sting when I listen.
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

First Peter Gabriel, then Sting in the chorus

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                              Hmmm... there are bits and pieces I enjoy, but on the whole, it's just not for me. It's definitely unique, though.
                              That's because you have no soul
                              I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                              I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                              A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                              To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Working...
                              X