Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

sparta is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparta is back!

with all these bands deciding to call it quits these days, it's really great news that sparta is coming back.

Sparta are back in action with band frontman/guitarist Jim Ward offering the following statement on the bands return:

“Sparta, awake!

After a three-year “nap,” Sparta will play their first show since 2008 this November in their hometown of El Paso, TX. They’re confirmed to perform on November 17th at Tricky Falls, the newly renovated venue co-owned by frontman Jim Ward. The band – Ward, drummer Tony Hajjar, bassist Matt Miller, and guitarist Keeley Davis – will also head into the studio this fall to begin work on their fourth LP, the follow-up to 2006’s Threes. More information coming soon; in the meantime, tickets for the 11/17 El Paso show are available beginning today (8/4) at 10 am MST here: http://holdmyticket.com/event/27335

We will continue to update as we go…

Thanks everyone
    -jim“

Re: sparta is back!

Wiretap Scars was their peak.

"Collapse"

Comment

Agreed.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

i disagree. that was a great first album. the second album wasn't as good. but the last album was great. and they're great live. so i'm excited they're back in action.

Comment

heard that as well. I was wondering if I' hear anything from them again. Good stuff. 'Threes' was really a great album.
          We are all part of the problem

Comment

so what are you all thinking about the new song they released?

in case you haven't heard it yet: http://spartamusic.com/

i think it's not bad.
            We are all part of the problem

Comment

I'm getting a 30 Seconds to Mars vibe from that track.

Not bad, but not stand-out.

Typical Sparta, I suppose.

I listened to Wiretap Scars a ton the year it came out. Lots of high school graduation summer memories with that album. I should revisit it soon. It has been ten years! Fuck, that makes me feel old.
              ---
              It was only a few months later that I saw dredg for the first time with them at SnoCore.
              Originally posted by vsd
              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
                I listened to Wiretap Scars a ton the year it came out. Lots of high school graduation summer memories with that album. I should revisit it soon. It has been ten years! Fuck, that makes me feel old.
                ---
                It was only a few months later that I saw dredg for the first time with them at SnoCore.
                Holy shit it will be ten years since high school! And that SnoCore tour was pretty tits from what I recall. Might just be that dredg was totally awesome.
                Originally posted by Gnomad
                How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Working...
                X