Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

New Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Song

A song I wanted to share with dredg fans

http://youtu.be/ErBFNtJNo-o

Re: New Song

Hah. I actually found this song randomly trolling through youtube yesterday. Really reminds me of the softer stuff done by old Postman Syndrome (which I LOVE). The dredg influences are definitely noticeable, and well done. Cool song. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by .cheapham. View Post
      Hah. I actually found this song randomly trolling through youtube yesterday. Really reminds me of the softer stuff done by old Postman Syndrome (which I LOVE). The dredg influences are definitely noticeable, and well done. Cool song. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome! Never heard of Postman Syndrome, I'll have to check them out. Any album in particular that you would recommend?

I just posted another tune I wrote recently.

http://youtu.be/LUuORMj102k

Comment

I dig it, lots of cool hooks and I like the vocal bit at the end. The production/mix is a little flat IMO, drums could stand to be more prominent, but overall it's pretty good.

Yeah, i hear a little of the Postman similarity in the guitars. They only had two albums, the second of which was a bunch of old demos they polished up years after they split. That's the one to get first imo.
        From the series of demos known as God Relief Our Grief: A Mausoleum Of Stillborn Demos. I highly recommend you find this glorious collection on the internet,...

They splintered into a bunch of other bands (East of the Wall, Day Without Dawn, Dilation, El Drugstore, Biclops), which are all worth checking out. The current East of the Wall lineup is basically the same as Postman.
        ---
        (My comments directed at the first song.)

Comment

Originally posted by noresolution View Post
          I dig it, lots of cool hooks and I like the vocal bit at the end. The production/mix is a little flat IMO, drums could stand to be more prominent, but overall it's pretty good.

Yeah, i hear a little of the Postman similarity in the guitars. They only had two albums, the second of which was a bunch of old demos they polished up years after they split. That's the one to get first imo.
          From the series of demos known as God Relief Our Grief: A Mausoleum Of Stillborn Demos. I highly recommend you find this glorious collection on the internet,...

They splintered into a bunch of other bands (East of the Wall, Day Without Dawn, Dilation, El Drugstore, Biclops), which are all worth checking out. The current East of the Wall lineup is basically the same as Postman.
          ---
          (My comments directed at the first song.)
          Thanks for the comments! The recording was done on my Mbox mini 2, only one mic input. So what you are hearing is drums from one mic placement. It was definitely a challenge to mix everything afterwards. It would be nice to have better recording gear for sure.

Thanks for all the the band suggestions will check em out.

Comment

Working...
          X