Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Traversing's Sports Talk Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Traversing's Sports Talk Radio

Just a reminder.

San Jose should have had two highsticking calls in the first period. One of them a 2 + 2 on Henrik Sedin. Maybe the game would have been different then. Those calls aren't even arguable. The refs just missed them.

Last edited by SimpatiK; May 20, 2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Well i think its obvious that if the sharks lose tonight... it will be a sweep.

and i hope Eager plays tonight, plays as tough as he did in Game 2 without the Penalties and we win. Thats the best case scenario for the Sharks. In my opinion, its without a doubt that Eager will play tonight and i think the Canucks will retaliate, and get into penalty trouble like they did in the 7-2 blowout they had at the hands of the Chicago Blackhawks.
      Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Fuck the NHL. They don't give a shit about Atlanta.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
          Fuck the NHL. They don't give a shit about Atlanta.
          well the dollar should be stronger... then again they should clean up the gulf when oil gets dumped into it.

Comment

They force themselves into Arizona because "it's an important market", but when a top 10 TV market team is being moved to Winnipeg, they stay away and collect the 100K transfer fee. They did the same shit with the Atlanta Flames in the 80s. So in 15 years they'll expand into Atlanta again just to shit on it a few years later.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

The problem in Atlanta were the owners. They've been mismanaging from day one. When Phoenix also became troubled Winnipeg where grooming both. Phoenix fixed their problems for now. Atlanta were still desperate to sell. It could have stayed with the right buyer.

Comment

Nah... the problem with the Thrashers is they haven't won a Playoff game in its complete history.

Comment

Neither has Columbus, but they're not in the same amount of trouble. Not in great shape, but their owners are still sticking with them.

If Atlanta wants a hockeyteam I suggest they groom a sheik with a fat wallet who doesn't mind pushing in a few 100 million dollars until the team is established. You can't expect a newly established team to make money.

Comment

Phoenix had their problems fixed for them by the city... after the NHL pleaded with the city for help. They've done nothing in Atlanta but accept that the team is leaving.

And yes, ownership is abysmal, but it's the same ownership behind the Hawks, where they are putting out money to build a competent team. And missing 10 out of 11 years is bad, but it's not like the team is being removed from the league, it's being sent elsewhere to continue to underperform (or as they did at the beginning of the year, overperform).

A blogger for the Atlanta paper did a good writeup on the NHL's second abandonment of the city: http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...scuing-others/
                    ---
                    Oh, and I undervalued the relocation fee by A LOT. It's 60 MILLION that the NHL will make of pure profit by the Thrashers moving.
                    ---
                    Oh, and the commish wants part of the oversale price. The NHL wants to make somewhere between 70 and 90 MILLION dollars off of the sale and relocation of the team.

Comment

Yeah, having all your whole franchise under some business man's decision to all the sudden stop putting money into a certain city would be terrible regardless.

Just the idea of that sucks. And you wonder why companies, franchises and organizations have been disappearing at an alarming rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                        Phoenix had their problems fixed for them by the city... after the NHL pleaded with the city for help. They've done nothing in Atlanta but accept that the team is leaving.

And yes, ownership is abysmal, but it's the same ownership behind the Hawks, where they are putting out money to build a competent team. And missing 10 out of 11 years is bad, but it's not like the team is being removed from the league, it's being sent elsewhere to continue to underperform (or as they did at the beginning of the year, overperform).

A blogger for the Atlanta paper did a good writeup on the NHL's second abandonment of the city: http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...scuing-others/
                        ---
                        Oh, and I undervalued the relocation fee by A LOT. It's 60 MILLION that the NHL will make of pure profit by the Thrashers moving.
                        ---
                        Oh, and the commish wants part of the oversale price. The NHL wants to make somewhere between 70 and 90 MILLION dollars off of the sale and relocation of the team.
                        That's all well and fine, isn't it? Make it hurt for the sellers.

Comment

It's only because of how embarrassing this ownership group has been.

Comment

tonight it ends

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post

tonight it ends
                              I don't know what that Gif is trying to imply... but if its trying to imply that kids with down syndrome could have scored 3 goals in 6 minutes of 5 on 3's... then HAHAHA.

Comment

...dammit bulls...
                                Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                                I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X