Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

RIP From Monument To Masses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP From Monument To Masses

Just saw their last show in San Francisco at the GAMH. I had never seen a last show of any band. It was very bitterweet... had never seen them before and they put on one hell of a show. I've never listened to a instrumental band that was so powerful and so good with timing changes. They were a different kind of band, more so than any other band i've ever said that about.

That being said, has anyone else ever seen a "Last show ever" from a band? This one had alot of emotion, the bands family was there and the guitarist got choked up thanking everyone. They had some stories here and there, but mostly just left alot of emotion on the stage. Was a great show. Plus i got a 10 dollar t-shirt.
    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Re: RIP From Monument To Masses

that sucks. A little heavy on the political emphasis, but at times I really enjoyed the mood and atmosphere they created. Damn RIP
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

yeah i took a few pictures at the show. review up later today.
      From Monument to Masses (FINAL SHOW) / Judgement Day / Silian Rail August 28th, 2010 Great American Music Hall San Francisco, CA

a very sweet send-off.

As for last shows; I think I saw Woven's last show. Ory drunkenly whispered in my ear that he was done about a year ago. I haven't checked on Woven since...I think he's sticking with that side project he's had for now.
      Last edited by kata rokkar; August 30, 2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Ah, hmmm... guess I misunderstood. I was under the impression that this was just the final show they would be able to do for a while. Oh well. Liked the band, was good stuff.

Comment

I'm glad I got to see them open for dredg. That was a fantastic show.
          I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
          I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
          A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
          To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
            I'm glad I got to see them open for dredg. That was a fantastic show.
            Caught that show and was angry i missed them. This made up for it greatly.

The guitarist made a comment that they would all go on to make interesting things. Good to hear they're all still thinking about music.
            Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Working...
            X