Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Mystery band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery band

About a year or two ago I stumbled upon a band that I really enjoyed but I lost all their music awhile back because my computer crashed and I cannot remember their name. Some of you may listen to this band so I am going to describe all that I remember and see if any of you know the band.

The band consists of two guys. One does drums and the other does keys, guitars, bass, and vocals. The singer significantly resembles Maynard from Tool. One thing that I do recall about that band is that their home studio was destroyed by hurricane Katrina. I believe they have three albums (they may have made more since I lost their music). Does anybody know this band?

Re: Mystery band

You are almost certainly referring to Cire, who made Adrenological, one of my favorite albums ever. Eric Johanson plays all the instruments except drums, which are done by Chris O Guinn. Sadly, Eric's uninsured apartment got completely trashed by Katrina, as shown here:

You may also have heard Eric's acoustic side project Emptyself:

Emptyself's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Comment

Re: Mystery band

Yes! Thank you. I couldn't remember the band name for the life of me. I actually haven't heard his acoustic stuff. I'll have to check it out.

Comment

Working...
      X