Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

help with oceansize dvd...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with oceansize dvd...

so i finally got feed to feed and it won't play in my dvd player. it says region not supported or something like that. is there an way around that?

Re: help with oceansize dvd...

you can watch it on your computer.
    ---
    or buy a european dvd player and an outlet adapter that will convert to 120 volts
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Most DVD drives on PC's are region coded as well.

Comment

i was told i would probably have to buy a region free dvd player. and this person said they are the same price as normal dvd players. so my question now is, what is the point of region coding? i know oceansize is only popular in uk, i have to get all their cd's on import and they never tour the us, but why make your dvd region specific? do they not want americans to see it? i asked them on their myspace why they hate america haha.

Comment

I have done this before. Find a dvd burning software similar to Mac The Ripper (sorry, dont know the windows alternative) and pop the dvd in, select region 2 for western europe (if thats what it is). Then click Rip. You'll be able to watch it on your pc and/or burn it back into a blank region 1 dvd for US.
          DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by lmerr View Post
            I have done this before. Find a dvd burning software similar to Mac The Ripper (sorry, dont know the windows alternative) and pop the dvd in, select region 2 for western europe (if thats what it is). Then click Rip. You'll be able to watch it on your pc and/or burn it back into a blank region 1 dvd for US.
            thanks i will look for that. it is region 3.

Comment

The region code has nothing to do with why your Feed to Feed DVDs won't play in you DVD player because the DVDs in that box set are region free.

The reason why they won't play is because the discs are PAL and you DVD player can't play PAL discs. video format in north America is NTSC, PAL is the format used in Europe. Most, not all, newer DVD players can play PAL discs. The US version of the PS3 can not play PAL because Sony won't allow it for some reason. All computers should be able read and play PAL discs as long as they are region free or for you region.

The Feed to Feed DVDs play perfect in my DVD player. I also ripped them to my mac and put the videos on my appleTV

Comment

Ah, shit, you're totally right... I completely forgot about that...

Comment

Originally posted by fribhey View Post
                  The region code has nothing to do with why your Feed to Feed DVDs won't play in you DVD player because the DVDs in that box set are region free.

The reason why they won't play is because the discs are PAL and you DVD player can't play PAL discs. video format in north America is NTSC, PAL is the format used in Europe. Most, not all, newer DVD players can play PAL discs. The US version of the PS3 can not play PAL because Sony won't allow it for some reason. All computers should be able read and play PAL discs as long as they are region free or for you region.

The Feed to Feed DVDs play perfect in my DVD player. I also ripped them to my mac and put the videos on my appleTV
                  yea it is PAL, but it does say region 3 on the box. anyway, the situation has been remedied, my brother-in-law gave me one that plays it.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                    yea it is PAL, but it does say region 3 on the box. anyway, the situation has been remedied, my brother-in-law gave me one that plays it.
                    It may say region 3 on the box but they aren't. The band already said they are region free and when I checked the discs in my computer they came up as region free.

Good to hear you got it playing

Comment

Working...
                    X