Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Pearl Jam - Backspacer (9/20/09)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Jam - Backspacer (9/20/09)

Pearl Jam has a new album out. BACKSPACER. And it fucking rocks.

Best album since Yield.

Discuss.
    last.fm

Re: Pearl Jam - Backspacer (9/20/09)

Pearl Jam has to make a phenomenal, world-changing album for me to care. Eddie Vedder is a walking yeast infection.
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Eddie Vedder > most people

Give the album a listen. It's great.
      last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by theis View Post
        Eddie Vedder > most people

Give the album a listen. It's great.
        I may check it out, but I can't make any promises. I'll probably go check out what dumb shit ole Eddie has said recently before I decide to share my ears with that wanker.

Comment

Why don't you like him? He's always stood up for important issues (eg. world hunger, war, Bush, HIGH TICKETMASTER PRICES )

But seriously, he seems like an awesome dude and he's definitely been an inspiration to me in many ways.
          last.fm

Comment

I really enjoy this album. And I am a Vedder fan, especially his solo/bluegrassy stuff. Check out the OST he made for the film Into The Wild. Its fantastic.
            DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by theis View Post
              Why don't you like him? He's always stood up for important issues (eg. world hunger, war, Bush, HIGH TICKETMASTER PRICES )

But seriously, he seems like an awesome dude and he's definitely been an inspiration to me in many ways.
              I just think he's a douche. Where is he standing up to Obama? Where is he standing up to our impending loss of freedom? Oh, he only cares if a Republican is taking away our freedoms. As for high Ticketmaster prices, I don't see Pearl Jam offering $10 tickets. His problem with Ticketmaster is that it cuts into their own profits. There are ways around using Ticketmaster, especially for a band as popular as Pearl Jam.

Anyone can stand up for important issues when given a microphone and an audience of a thousand sheep. Political commentary does not equal social action. And I'm not that hard on all people with opinions. Tom Morello is a huge social activist, but he doesn't come across like a total douche wanker. Eddie Vedder does.

Comment

Originally posted by lmerr View Post
                I really enjoy this album. And I am a Vedder fan, especially his solo/bluegrassy stuff. Check out the OST he made for the film Into The Wild. Its fantastic.
                Hell yeah. Amazing album (and movie).
                last.fm

Comment

Pfft. Who really cares about the celebrity politcal opinion? I buy music because it is good, not because the singer is politcal/left/right/vegan/straight edge/gay/straight etc. Its not going to stop me from listening to great music. But I guess thats just me.
                  DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Pfft. Who really cares about the celebrity politcal opinion? I buy music because it is good, not because the singer is politcal/left/right/vegan/straight edge/gay/straight etc. Its not going to stop me from listening to great music. But I guess thats just me.
                    I can only go so far with that mindset. However, some celebrities are just too idiotic and self-important for me to support: Eddie Vedder, the fat Dixie Chick, Sean Penn, Charlton Heston, etc.

Comment

Fucking love Sean Penn, too.

*High five*

last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                        I can only go so far with that mindset. However, some celebrities are just too idiotic and self-important for me to support: Eddie Vedder, the fat Dixie Chick, Sean Penn, Charlton Heston, etc.
                        How Bono fails to top your list is beyond me.
                        DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by AnewKINDofFEELING View Post
                          Pearl Jam has to make a phenomenal, world-changing album for me to care. Eddie Vedder is a walking yeast infection.
                          Actually, he's a great frontman...

And that's coming from a guy who doesn't even own a Pearl Jam album.

You're a waking yeast infection!

HA!

I got you!!

Comment

Backspacer sounds like Yield which is my favorite PJ album ever. There are also some "Into the Wild" tunes in it. The only thing that makes me disappoint is songs are very short and a couple of them have some forced punky-grungy-crappy sounds. They should stop doing that.

Long story short, Backspacer is dreamy.
                            Last edited by fronkul; September 22, 2009, 12:13 PM.
                            Your head was in the clouds,
                            now those clouds are in your head...

Comment

How Bono fails to top your list is beyond me.
                              Bono is right there, too. I just failed to include him.
                              ---
                              Also, I don't mind a person having beliefs. It's when that person becomes obnoxious enough to think that a little bit of fame makes their opinion highly relevant.

If it helps at all, I also think Pearl Jam's music is pretty mediocre, as well. I never really got into the whole grunge thing. I don't like Nirvana, either. Soundgarden/Alice in Chains/Screaming Trees>>>>Nirvana/Pearl Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X