Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Internet Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Radio

Anybody know of any decent rock internet radio sites with prog tendencies? Nothing too overboard? Something like playing Chevelle or Incubus won't offend anybody but they also won't test your patience with a 30 minute guitar opera.

Re: Internet Radio

I'd love to know. Most of the "prog" ones end up being about 80-90% prog and nothing more. And most of the stations that might play dredg, won't also play Marillion, Pain of Salvation, or even Kevin Gilbert.

If the stars finally allign, I'm going to try and do some kind of podcast. Right now, I need to get a new pc that'll run ProTools smoothly. Probably within a few weeks, as the days are numbered with what I have right now.

Rogue's Gallery might be the closest show, via the Dividing Line, that plays more than just your predictable prog. But from looking at the playlists, they still don't have enough of the alt-prog for my tastes. But that show plays more of the genre-blending prog than most prog radio online.

Otherwise, A Good Day for Airplay would be my suggestion for a good podcast. Not a lot of prog on there, but some post-rock and psychedelic power-pop..and the shows usually sounds well edited. The host is into bands like dredg, Mute Math, Ours, St.Vincent, Mew..among a lot other stuff like Shoegaze and Hip-Hop.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
    X