Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

moving to california...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving to california...

so i was contacted about a promotion last week and if i take it, it will require me to relocate out to california. the office is in pleasanton, which is east of san fran/oakland. i'm looking for good places to stay, and would consider living in san francisco. it's about 40 minutes i believe, no traffic, so i know it's kind of a commute. it just seems that if i'm gonna be living out so close to san fran, i may as well live there. what are some other surrounding areas that aren't bad? i know to stay away from oakland, but i've never been to cali before so i don't know any good areas.

Re: moving to california...

pleasanton is a nice place, I mean, pleasant is actually IN the name of the city.
    http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
    seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by mmakara81 View Post
      so i was contacted about a promotion last week and if i take it, it will require me to relocate out to california. the office is in pleasanton, which is east of san fran/oakland. i'm looking for good places to stay, and would consider living in san francisco. it's about 40 minutes i believe, no traffic, so i know it's kind of a commute. it just seems that if i'm gonna be living out so close to san fran, i may as well live there. what are some other surrounding areas that aren't bad? i know to stay away from oakland, but i've never been to cali before so i don't know any good areas.
      Oakland isnt ALL bad... there are good places. But i personally never have wanted to live in san fran. Very busy and lots of traffic. Some portions of san fran there isnt even a reason to own a car. Pleasanton is nice... san mateo is nice but thats further than where i think you want to be.
      Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

if your working in pleasanton look into Walnut Creek / Concord area... SF is a great place to visit but I couldn't stand living there...

who do you work for.. My company has some offices in pleasanton.

well.. if you take the job.. welcome to california... let me apologize in advance for our govenor and state debt.. hahaha
        Many Friends Yet Still A Loner!

THIS TREAUSURE HUNT IS LIKE CRACK!

Comment

Originally posted by RckNorCal425 View Post
          if your working in pleasanton look into Walnut Creek / Concord area... SF is a great place to visit but I couldn't stand living there...

well.. if you take the job.. welcome to california... let me apologize in advance for our govenor and state debt.. hahaha
          yeah walnut creek would be a great choice actually

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
            Oakland isnt ALL bad... there are good places. But i personally never have wanted to live in san fran. Very busy and lots of traffic. Some portions of san fran there isnt even a reason to own a car. Pleasanton is nice... san mateo is nice but thats further than where i think you want to be.
            i concur... Oakland isn't all that bad... stay away from richmond and certain parts of Oakland after hours hahaah... San Jose is a good area too

Comment

Originally posted by RckNorCal425 View Post

i work for unilever. we're the company behind a bunch of brands like skippy, axe, suave, dove, etc. our sales office for our safeway account is out there.

Comment

cool, let us know how that plays out!

Comment

Can you send me some bars of Dove? I'm running low!
                  ---
                  Oh, and some Axe deodorant as well.
                  Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                  Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Also great places in the Bay Area are Hercules, Pinole and Berkeley. They aren't as close as Walnut Creek, but I lived in the first two and loved them. I also used to go to the Concord Mall all the time, and I loved the area for sure.

Good luck with the move, I'm moving out to LA myself in September.
                    ---
                    Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
                    pleasanton is a nice place, I mean, pleasant is actually IN the name of the city.
                    This doesn't always ring true, though. In Jersey, there was a town called Pleasantville, so one would think of the movie, but it was NOTHING like it. The income is so low there, it was one of the few towns in south Jersey that halved their sales tax. Such a shithole.

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

you should go live with the boys of dredg in Los Gatos !!!

ohh, and a word of advice to u is to stay near the coast because the farther inland you go, the hotter it gets.

Comment

but the further to the coast you go the more you will be raped with rent

Comment

Originally posted by Jamis who? View Post
                          you should go live with the boys of dredg in Los Gatos !!!

ohh, and a word of advice to u is to stay near the coast because the farther inland you go, the hotter it gets.
                          This is great advice here!
                          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

los gatos, campbell and san jose (the west side) are really great places to live. Pretty far from pleasanton tho.

Personally i dont like all the people from los gatos, i work at a store that attracts alot of people from there and i dont want to throw them all into a mass stereotype.... but they're snobs. lol.

Comment

I just realized that California may be the coolest place to live because we got beaches, mountains, deserts, cities, valleys, forests, farmlands all packed into one state. Damn, I need more whiskey !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X