Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

A music video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A music video

Mythomania Video Preview

I just finished editing this music video for one of my band's songs. The song itself hasn't been mastered (so it's a bit quiet) but the video is pretty much done, I believe. I'd be delighted to get some feedback on the video.

It's also available in HD! which doesn't run well on my computer, but I think it's pretty cool to have the option.
    Restore your needed shelter..

Re: A music video

That's a pretty good song.
    I can't comment on the video because I have ADD when it comes to stuff like that and keep alt+tabbing away..

You really need to do something about the guitar in the final mix though, that tone is pretty harsh

Comment

Which guitar? And yeah, unfortunately the video story takes place in a few quick shots and if you miss them it won't make sense, which is definitely a drawback.

Comment

The one playing the lead melodies now and then. It's hard, harsh and fuzzy sounding
        It doesn't sound -too- bad when playing chords, but when it plays single notes it's not pleasant

Comment

I agree with Knifeboy. The guitar that is using the Distortion pedal needs to draw back the Distortion or Decay. It sounds TOTALLY different live than it does recorded. I'm sure that sound live is awesome but when you record it, it sounds like it was recorded with a computer mic...

...the song\video is solid for sure. Good Work Man!!! I bet that video took FOREVER to put together. Congrats.
          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Thanks for checking it out! We do all the recording/mixing ourselves (except drums, which we record in a studio due to the extensive number of mics necessary) and we were still kinda trying to fish around working out sounds when we recorded this one (almost two years ago, though this mix is only six months old). The final mix will probably end up fairly different since Geoff (the lead guitarist who also does all the mixing) is working on making a bunch of songs we recorded at different times sound like a full, cohesive album (which was always our intent, it just took a long time to piece together). So maybe he'll check out the sound of the lead guitar on those note sections.. He probably recorded it by micing his Marshall and I'm pretty sure since then we've switched to recording direct and applying distortion digitally through various plugins.

If you're interested in our sound, here's another video of ours. Its mostly made up of older footage of our performances/antics, so it's less cool if you don't know us, but it's a cool song and represents our softer side pretty well.

The Persistence of Memory Video Preview

Comment

Working...
            X