Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Sound & Shape - "The Love Electric" EP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound & Shape - "The Love Electric" EP

try

The sticker on the cover says:
    "combining the epic ferocity of classic artists such as
    Led Zep, Pink Floyd & Yes
    with a modern melodic assault of artists such as
    Biffy Clyro, Muse & Dredg"

SOUND & SHAPE's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

YouTube - Sound & Shape "The Love Electric"

I've mentioned this ep/band a few times earlier this year. But I don't believe there's a topic on them, nor if any others have checked them out. This is a really great ep.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Re: Sound & Shape - "The Love Electric" EP

Thanks man, I'll give it a whirl.

Comment

They may have potential. It's a bit amateur sounding as of now. Singer's really pitchy.

Comment

the vocals are fine. I suppose at 1st I was a bit skeptical with the vocals, but the music was so good, it didn't matter. The vocals are like say Porcupine Tree..nothing amazing, but they fit the songs well enough.

I've been playing this ep for like 2 months, if anything, the vocals have grown on me.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Just listened to the myspace tracks. Upon first listen the band is good, but the vocals are a wee bit boring and uninspiring to me. Porcupine Tree has fantastic production to help them out, this band does not. I see the potential, but don't think I can get into them until they mature a little bit more. Live could be a totally different experience...

Comment

I'd much rather hear some autotuning than a vocal that is just not on, pitch-wise.

i might give them another chance if they get some production.

Comment

the production I find to be actually pretty damn good. Maybe it has to do with the fact I have an actual cd which I have been listening to for quite awhille, but as for the vocals..besides Porcupine Tree..I mean plenty of bands have so-so vocals but their music makes-up for it. Minus the Bear, House of Fools, Murder By Death, OSI (at least on the 1st album)...I think this band is too good to have their vocals hurt their music, which I don't really think it does.. They're working on a full-length album right now, which may be out before the end of the year, so perhaps the vocals and production will turn out more to others liking. But for me, if they made a record like this ep, I'd be totally cool with that.

edit: I'd also add THE VOCAL HARMONIES..the way they arranged them are really excellent on this album. So while their lead singer isn't the most talented singer out there, their vocals also work just on that level (much like those other bands such as PT, House of Fools, etc)
              Last edited by SoundscapeMN; June 9, 2009, 09:50 PM.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Jake Snider has a great voice, it's just not as apparent on some of MTB's newer stuff. I just love "They Make Beer Commercials Like This" though...and I love absolutely everything about the band (especially the crazy DL-4 work!!).

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon712 View Post
                  Jake Snider has a great voice, it's just not as apparent on some of MTB's newer stuff. I just love "They Make Beer Commercials Like This" though...and I love absolutely everything about the band (especially the crazy DL-4 work!!).
                  You like "Lotus?" That's probably one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I agree about "They Make Beer... " though. Their best work, in my opinion.
                  - -- --- ----

Comment

MtB's vocals were 1 of my main problems I had with them until I heard Planet of Ice. But I'd hardly call his voice "great" but I think at least on PoI, his vocal lines improved and fit the music better than their previous stuff.
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by amitface View Post
                      You like "Lotus?" That's probably one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I agree about "They Make Beer... " though. Their best work, in my opinion.
                      Personally, I happen to love Lotus...maybe more than most other songs on that CD except maybe Dr. L'ling and Ice Monster.

then again, my musical tastes are much different from a lot of people's, so it's all good.
                      ---
                      And personally, I happen to get more into State Route 522 or Sharks Keep Moving, moreso than some of MTB's other stuff (Highly Refined Pirates, This Is What I Know About Being Gigantic)

FacebookTwitterdredg page

Comment

Working...
                      X