Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Grüvis Malt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grüvis Malt

Anyone know these guys? They're incredibly awesome. They play a mixture of prog, jazz, alternative, avant garde and hip hop(!!!).
    They remind me a little bit of dredg mixed with 311 and Incubus (SCIENCE era).

Gruvis Malt's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Listen to the song "Ark". So good.

My favorite albums are "Simon" and "...With the Spirit of a Traffic Jam".
    last.fm

Re: Grüvis Malt

Gruvis Malt is the shit. But if you're just getting into them you might be a little to late on wagon. They're currently on an "indefinite hiatus".

Maximum Unicorn was my favorite release. The American Trilogy (scene 1 - 3) is amazing. LOVE IT!!!

Also check out Gavin Castleton's solo stuff and other side projects. He was the Keyboardist\Singer in Gruvis Malt.
    Gavin Castleton's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

EBU GOGO's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Yeah I know they're not together anymore. Been listening to them for a couple of years now...thought that this was the right place to talk to other people about them,
      last.fm

Comment

i love the jonny classic album. LOVE it.

i could never get into gruvis' stuff though. i keep meaning to give em another chance, but then again i've been meaning to listen to HORSE the band and Genghis Tron for like two or three years now.

Comment

really, really, really, like exponentially fantastic. pay attention to any and all output by this band and it's member pre and post Gruvis. Gavin and Brendan are still quite active. Especially Gavin. I am extremely privileged to see him play fairly often here in portland. Will really miss his shows over the summer. I've talked to him a little and from the sounds of it, he has another two EP's planned for this year, based more around his live sound. Which is comprised of sampling various beat boxing techniques and some MPC work. Anywho, just listen and support, these guys are about as pure indie as you can get. Supporting them in any way goes about 98% towards their benefit, and I've been getting a ton of spins out of all of the musicians catalogs lately. Even if you don't vibe at this point in your life, a lot of their catalog can speak to a lot of folks at varying times.

Comment

I love how almost every Gruvis Malt song is about how much it sucks to be in Gruvis Malt.

But yeah, one of the best bands, musically and lyrically, that I've ever heard. Simon is probably my favorite album as it's both insanely technical but also really song-based. Traffic Jam is classic and probably a little easier to get into. Pretty much everything they've done is great though.

Gavin's solo work is all over the map stylistically too, which is pretty impressive. His "Hypotenuse" LP is like the most relaxing parts of Radiohead mixed with Bjork, but not obnoxious like Bjork. Probably my favorite pass-out-after-a-party album ever. His EP "A Bullet, A Lever, A Key" is his own life story told backwards from the moment of his future suicide to the day he gave up on playing music set to awesome proggy hip-hop. The guy pulls weird but awesomely original concepts out of his ass and executes them flawlessly almost every time.

I could go on for days about how great these guys are. Just listen to them.

Comment

Just to let you guys know, Gavin's newest album "Home" is streaming at his website www.gavincastleton.com in its entirety.
              to wound the autumnal city.
              So howled out for the world to give him a name.
              The in-dark answered with wind.

Comment

Working...
              X