Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Pirate bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pirate bay

Originally posted by Ooga View Post
    If it didn't matter who the bad guys were, it wouldn't be an issue or a war.
    It doesn't matter. The world isn't black and white. This issue is more of two shades of gray. There are good and bad consequences in all actions. i have picked the side that benefits me. the labels have picked the side that benefits them. There's no good or bad, but it's still a war.

Comment

I love that article on demonbaby, I just couldn't remember the link so I didn't mention it.

A couple of similarly useful reads on the subject of downloading:

HTML Code:
      http://www.negativland.com/albini.html
      HTML Code:
      http://torontoist.com/2007/04/thank_god_for_t.php
      (By the way, I'm not saying Trent Reznor is awesome by posting this, it's simply got some interesting points considering he offers his music free in higher format than CD is capable of producing, not lesser quality).

HTML Code:
      http://chriszabriskie.com/news.html#manifesto
      There were some other great reads on the issue that I'll try to link should I remember where they came from.
      ...Love is a madman, working his wild schemes, tearing off his clothes, running through the mountains, drinking poison,and now quietly choosing annihilation...

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
        That was a really good read. And on your suggestion, I'll go ahead get myself a copy of Free Culture.

I was on OiNK. Was a sad day when it got shut down. It's one of the reasons I stopped downloading music. Didn't feel as worth it anymore.

Strangely enough... When they shut down oink - THAT'S when I stopped buying CDs. I'm not supporting coompanies that would kill something so good for music. Especially after the way they treated artists and consumers.
        Originally posted by Knifeboy
        1---2----34-5
        writing haikus
        1----2------3--4---5---6---7
        isnt just splitting up text un
        1--2--3-4-5
        necesarilly

Comment

Man, I miss Oink. Not just because of the free music, but because of everything that went along with it. That site was the perfect site for discovering new stuff

And thanks for posting all the great articles guys. I hadn't read the Bob Ezrin one before

I've wanted to read Free Culture for a couple of years now, but I'm shit at finding time for it

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeboy View Post
            Man, I miss Oink. Not just because of the free music, but because of everything that went along with it. That site was the perfect site for discovering new stuff
            Absolutely. OiNK was notable for having advances way early thanks to people with topsite accounts, but the community and diversity of music there was why I dug it. Not to mention that community was free of the "omg 0-day" bulllshit that a lot of other private trackers have.

Comment

Working...
            X