Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

This is where my mind is today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is where my mind is today...

... I took the day off work, so yeah, I had this kind of time.

Although, this is a fascinating watch for any fans of Bill Hicks. The deconstruction of a comedian.

I'm sorry, folks.

I'm sorry, folks.

I'm sorry, folks.

I'm sorry, folks.

I'm sorry, folks.

I'm sorry, folks.

Re: This is where my mind is today...

Bill Hicks was the man. It's a shame that many comedians have built careers ripping him off.

Comment

You know, you gotta wonder with the state of things these days if he'd even come out of his house.

Comment

I just watched that entire set. SOLID post Gnomy... I've never seen that before... His ability to beat down hecklers is awesome...
        Originally posted by Ars Sycro
        I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Honestly, I wish I was old enough to appreciate this guy when he was around. In fact, I wish I could have been at that show. As fucking insane as it is on tape, I bet live it was just incredible to witness that raw emotion and that disregard for "lines".

There's something attractive about someone being able to just say "fuck it" and truly honestly mean it.

Man, I should have named this thread "Bill Hicks".
          Last edited by Gnomad; April 16, 2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Bill is a hero. I'll check out these vids when I have some extra time, but thanks for findin' 'em, Gnomad!
            Originally posted by Gnomad
            How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

Check this out if interested, many bootlegs, interviews and whatnot:

It boggles my mind how the crowd still played his anger off like it was a joke. Hicks was truly ahead of his time.
              Last edited by David; April 17, 2009, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Without a doubt, Bill Hicks is funny...

...but the philosopher in him isn't quite what people think it is.

Most of his deep ramblings are half-assed and don't go anywhere. It's always led by the main tag, then he trails off on another subject. How is that deep? If the man was truly deep, you'd think he would have written a book or tried to add his commentary to issues for the greater good. An example? George Carlin. He ran his mouth, spoke intelligently and made people laugh at the same time. The difference between him and Hicks: Carlin could back it up.

But, as I said, he is funny... and that's what he was paid to be.
                Last edited by Ooga; April 18, 2009, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Hmmm... I guess that's food for thought...

Comment

But at the same time, Carlin didn't do this till he was what 60? Bill didn't live long enough to gain that additional clarity and insight to put it to paper. I don't think you can seriously pose that. That is like comparing your own accomplishments to that of your grandparents, longer life = more time to perfect yourself (hopefully).
                    sigpic
                    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Working...
                    X