Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Paper Route [siyl: Mute Math, Woven]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Route [siyl: Mute Math, Woven]

This is a relatively new band from Nashville, TN

Their debut album "Absence" is coming out on April 28th and it finally leaked. Last year I got pretty into their EP "Are We All Forgotten." Then later learned they got signed to a major (for better or for worse).

I finally saw them in concert on Saturday and was pretty mesmerized at times. Their drummer especially POUNDS his snares; which best reminded me of Darren King of Mute Math.

edit: there's a pretty clear Mew influence/similarity on a couple of tracks on the new album. Not so much on their eps, but the new stuff I noticed it playing it for the 1st time today (4/14/09)

If you dig the kind of loopy/textured pop/rock that bands like Mute Math, Woven, Stateless, or even Coldplay use to an extent, this band may be for you.

try it

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

Last edited by SoundscapeMN; April 14, 2009, 03:40 PM.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Re: Paper Route [siyl: Mute Math, Woven]

Ok. This band is bad.

Maybe they're not bad, but I can't fucking listen to them. I've been trying; I'm on... seriously? Only the third track? I can't take it anymore.

Yes I hear the Mew influences a LOT.
    Originally posted by Knifeboy
    1---2----34-5
    writing haikus
    1----2------3--4---5---6---7
    isnt just splitting up text un
    1--2--3-4-5
    necesarilly

Comment

bad as in how?..yeah there are similarities to Mew, but they still have their own blend of sound.
      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
        bad as in how?
        as in

Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye View Post
        I can't fucking listen to them.
        Originally posted by Knifeboy
        1---2----34-5
        writing haikus
        1----2------3--4---5---6---7
        isnt just splitting up text un
        1--2--3-4-5
        necesarilly

Comment

did you ever listen to "Are We All Forgotten"?..that song is catchy as hell. I mean it's one thing if you said something like "I don't like their singers voice..he's too whiney" or "they just sound like a Mew ripoff" or something. When I say I can't listen to Radiohead, I at least explain more specifically why (I can't stand Yorke's nasal/whiney style singing..also they are too *lite* sounding and drugged-out for me). But when people say they don't like a band, and don't say anything specific, than it basically means they have some kind of preconceived idea about them (or maybe they barely even listened to anything by them at all).

Like Apes and Androids last year. Barely anyone on nearly every forum I'm on gave 2 shits about them, a band whose album I regarded as 1 of the most original records I've ever heard. Yet, in the last couple of months, I'm seeing a lot more people catching on to them finally. My suspicion is, the people who said they didn't like Apes and Androids last year, that now do, finally actually listened to them..listened to their entire album more than once.
          allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I agree with Lye. This is just bad. "Are We All Forgotten" is catchy? In the "I hope I don't catch an STD" way, I suppose.

I think it's the vocal delivery. It's just awful.

Apes & Androids is also pretty bad.
            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I like this band a lot. "Good Intentions" is an awesome song.

Apes & Androids is awesome btw. Golden Prize is my jam.

Comment

Working...
              X