Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ................

I imagine you leaped from your bed all the way across your room already wearing some clothes, pressed and clean, landed next to your desk and put on your sunglasses and said "Let's rock." and walked out like the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

Or, you know... something close to that.

I have a weird imagination.

Comment

I can't speak for Knifey, but you just got the first part of my day down with stunning accuracy.
      Originally posted by Gnomad
      Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
      Originally posted by noclevername
      stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

9am til 5am doing solid work (quick cider break sometimes). This all ends this Friday. This is life.
        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
          I imagine you leaped from your bed all the way across your room already wearing some clothes, pressed and clean, landed next to your desk and put on your sunglasses and said "Let's rock." and walked out like the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

Or, you know... something close to that.

I have a weird imagination.
          That wasn't what happened, but that pretty much sums out how I was feeling. And am feeling now.
          Working on another 2 projects due next monday. Feel like I'm running in highest gear, with no brakes.

I'm planning a week at my parents house after this mayhem though, so if I do crash. I'll have plenty of time to recoup and wind down for the exams in the middle june
          ---
          If anyone's even slightly interested (wouldn't blame you if you weren't) this is a recording of us jamming around at the band practice today : http://www.sendspace.com/file/fp4l4l

due to the magic of sampling it's me on trumpet, drums, bass and yet another bass. All done live
          We're a duo.. The other guy worked the sampler, did some vocals (lol), and played the piano at the end.

This clip is really repetitive and really sloppy at times as its just me and him jamming out some ideas we'll eventually craft into songs

Comment

Re: Frank Nit's question in the Ask Drew forum.

Every time I see it, I think: "a picture paints a thousand words then why can't I paint you?" I clicked on it thinking, "how awesome would that be?" Alas, it was another question.

Then I remembered how old I am, and Frank Nit has probably never heard that song anyway. Drew either. Nor any of you . . .

Comment

After I saw Requiem for a Dream, I remember saying, "That was a great movie, but I will never watch it again." Today, I thought to myself, "Why did I say that? That movie was really good. I'm going to go out and buy it." So I did. I bought Requiem for a Dream and excitedly started watching it. By the end, I was reminded why I said I would never watch it again in the first place.

It's kind of like burning your hand on a hot stove and then years later saying, "Hey, that wasn't so hot."
              Last edited by Gnomad; May 20, 2009, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Haha...

Yeeah.. That movie made me feel like shit.

Comment

Gnomad, I know exactly what you're talking about. I saw that film (the unedited one) years ago, and sometimes I think that my spouse would enjoy it and I should rent it for him, but that would mean watching it again myself. I can't bring myself to do it. Sometimes I think, "but it's so good; it's worth seeing again," but I know I'd regret it.

It took months for me to be able to close my eyes at night and not be haunted by scenes from that film.

Comment

like Babel. Good the first time, but why would you buy it? Not like Slumdog, I watch that movie all the time.

I just had a horrrribblleee discussion about legalization of marijuana and the war on drugs with two people I work with. It was like arguing with two ultra-conservative grandpas hoped up on Limbaugh/Beck ideology. I felt like a kid with a BB gun firing at a freight train.

Comment

I'm a substitute custodian for my city's school district, and work has been really scarce considering I'm on call, and we've had some education cut backs. I finally got called into work today for the first time since December, and they scheduled me for two days within the next week. I'm happy
                      http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                      seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

I've finished university. YAY! That's it... no more education. It's going to be weird for a few weeks I guess.

Anyway, I got hammered and met some Americans... they're purging me to fly to San Fran... I'm going to need money. BRB.
                        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Congratufuckinglations man
                          That's awesome. Down some beers for me

Comment

Congratulations, Scott. That's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar View Post
                              I just had a horrrribblleee discussion about legalization of marijuana and the war on drugs with two people I work with. It was like arguing with two ultra-conservative grandpas hoped up on Limbaugh/Beck ideology. I felt like a kid with a BB gun firing at a freight train.
                              instead of trying to talk to people about "legalizing marijuana" i try to use the term "end prohibition" cuz thats all it is...
                              play ketchup

Comment

Originally posted by cribble View Post
                                I've finished university. YAY! That's it... no more education. It's going to be weird for a few weeks I guess.

Anyway, I got hammered and met some Americans... they're purging me to fly to San Fran... I'm going to need money. BRB.
                                DO IT!

Anyway, Congratulations pal!

Comment

Working...
                                X