Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Gavin Castleton - Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gavin Castleton - Home

came out on itunes friday. go buy it. you can listen to the album streaming on rhapsody. bugguts, sugar on the sheets and oregon are particularly good. oregon scares the shit out of me. in a good way.

totally outdone himself. plays with genres like all his past stuff, but he really stretched his songwriting chops to a new level on this one. there's a bizarre narrative behind the whole thing about zombies and jealous ex lovers or something.

Re: Gavin Castleton - Home

will do

Comment

fuck yes, this is album of '09 if anyone is anywhere near Portland come out and see him. Myself and all the Water & Bodies guys are going to see him Monday night like 10 blocks from our house. is gonna be a fucking party!!!!

stand out tracks:

Coffeelocks, Warpaint, Sugar On The Sheets, Stampete, Red + Blue = Yella, and Credits.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming childrens album as well. He's played a couple of songs of it at various shows here and shit!, that is gonna be a goooood album.
      Last edited by dredgfan001; February 15, 2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dredgfan001 View Post
        fuck yes, this is album of '09 if anyone is anywhere near Portland come out and see him. Myself and all the Water & Bodies guys are going to see him Monday night like 10 blocks from our house. is gonna be a fucking party!!!!

stand out tracks:

Coffeelocks, Warpaint, Sugar On The Sheets, Stampete, Red + Blue = Yella, and Credits.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming childrens album as well. He's played a couple of songs of it at various shows here and shit!, that is gonna be a goooood album.
        Yeah I almost forgot about it. My god he is prolific.

Comment

lol, I know, he's outta control, the show last night was awesome. tiny little irish pub. he was the only act and then another DJ was playing. I talked to him a bit after the show. Said that he's gonna do an EP of all the little random songs he has floating around, like Are You Brave and the like and that should be out around September, and also, he wants to finish up the childrens record and release that this year as well. So hopefully two more releases by him alone this year. Not to mention the other stuff he'll get his sticky fingers in.

Comment

I finally checked this out this week (for some reason I thought it was associated w/ "Dance Gavin Dance" :P) and while I do like a lot of it, some of the reviews are a bit more praise-worthy than I would go. It seems closer to Panic at the Disco's level than The Dear Hunter, for me.

Still, well worth checking out. The 1st 8 or 9 cuts all pretty much work in some way. He does sound somewhat like Nick D'Virgilio of Spock's Beard, but NDV's vocals/vocal style, while technically is fine, never has been that amazing to me. I'm not sure if it's just the actual vocal-lines, or just his voice in general being better suited to do harmonies rather than leads. I'd say the same about Gavin Castleton's voice.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
            X