Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Drummers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drummers

Ok, so one of the things I decided to do this year was stop pretending to be a musician with the assistance of my XBox 360 and get back into playing music. I figured since I was previously a singer/guitarist and had attempted bass and decided against it that this time, I would tackle the drums. It's gone well so far. Been playing for two months and I think I'm advancing pretty well. However, I purchased a pretty cheap kit and of course, like all cheap kits, the cymbals suck. Since I don't personally know any drummers, I don't really know where else to go for this kind of thing beyond the condescending pricks at Guitar Center. So, any drummers know what I should be looking for with cymbals? I want to replace my crash and hi-hat and get myself a ride. Are there good cymbals out there beside Zildjian and Sabian? Should I grab anything else while I'm at it?

My band has gotten a few songs down pretty well (we're just doing covers and random jam sessions for now until we're a bit more comfortable with the way we all flow together), but they're going to let me pick a song since I've just been going along for the ride so far... and I, perhaps a little over ambitiously, chose Lechium. Anything I should know going into that song?

And if you're curious as to where I'm at, I can play Zetsubou Billy and Koi no Megalover by Maximum pretty well right now. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure only a couple of you even know who that is.

Re: Drummers

you should swing by lemmon percussion for advice and help. i think they're on the alameda now. used to be in wg on willow and bird. dudes are way cool and know their shit.

as for gear i was always partial to dw hardware, zildjian cymbals and tama kits, but i didn't really get a chance to play on a variety of shit. my kit that i had at home was some cheap off-brand p.o.s.

Comment

Re: Drummers

i have a crash, ride, splash and china that im getting rid of!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X