Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Heroes Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heroes Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!)

Who watched it? What are your thoughts?

I am annoyed at the overload of plot twists and mind-blowers. I know thats what Heroes is know for but god damn!

And what Peter and Nathans mom said to Sylar at the end really pissed me off. It better be symbolic or something like that.
    DeviantArt Facebook

Re: The Heroes Discussion Thread (SPOILERS!)

I watched better shows (The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break) instead. I can't wait for NBC's best show to come on next week (Chuck).
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

You really are an elitist huh?
      DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

they definitely are complicating it almost to the point of self-indulgence..I did like the little Veronica Mars reunion (Frank Capra/Kristen Bell)..but the show may never recover from the loss of Bryan Fuller.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Oh man was Chuck boring. That had to be the worst thing on TV last season. How I Met Your Mother isn't bad, but Big Bang Theory and Prison Break? Blech.

A few too many twists in Heroes tonight, but I expected it. They're playing damage control for the things that got left out of last season. They're cramming 9 episodes of material into 2 episodes... I believe they're caught up now, so the pacing should probably be more comfortable next week.

Comment

lol..Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, and Big Bang Theory are all well-written, entertaining shows.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Look, even I like How I Met Your Mother, but that show is VERY poorly written. The actors make that show what it is. The writers can suck it.

Comment

um..you think the dialogue in HIMYM is poorly written?..geez, the WRITERS of that show basically used backwards storytelling unlike any show before them. Yeah, the actors are great in that show, but ask anyone in Hollywood what makes a good sitcom and they'll tell you THE WRITING has as much to do with it as anything.
                allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

what a bold concept........
                  Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                  you're pretty narcissistic
                  enjoy that, nobody else does.
                  Originally posted by Madklikor
                  You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Holy shit! Backwards writing?! NO ONE HAS EVAR DUN DAT B4!!! SOOO AWSUM I JST WEN STOOPED!!!

Every sitcom has used that. They just don't use it to the point that I want to vomit. That is ALL that show ever does. It's tired. It's played out. And it's at best a neat technique for one episode. They drag that shit into the ground.

And what the fuck do you know about Hollywood? Where the fuck are you from anyway? The funniest movies ever made use shitloads of improved dialogue. Ben Stiller, Seth Rogen, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, John Cleese... THEY ALL USE IMPROVED DIALOGUE. The only thing that ever gets to the point that it's fleshed out 100% and usually doesn't change is the situation. Dialogue is changed on a daily basis. Even then, the situation is sometimes changed on the spot. The best comedians will tell you that comedy is hardly ever written. Most of the time, it just comes out.

Comedic actors make comedy. Comedic writers give them a place to do so.

Comment

ok..please help me out here and give examples of shows that have used Backwards storytelling LIKE HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER DOES AS THE PREMISE?

good writing + avg cast > bad writing good cast

um..case in point:

the worst sitcoms on CBS:

Rules of Engagement
                      The New Adventures of Old Christine

Patrick Warburton ..funny actor..but the current show he's in SUX. Its UNWATCHABLE. So, is that due to his inability to IMPROVISE??

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss..has done good work in the past..namely Seinfeld, but her current show is less entertaining than watching paint dry. WHY?..Ad-libbing??.hardly.CUZ THE WRITING IS GARBAGE!

you're gonna tell me the cast of HIMYM IMPROVISES the plots, story concepts, and dialogue?..I've seen Neil Patrick Harris enough to know, as great as he is in that role as Barney, a ton of credit to that is owed to the directing AND WRITING. All the *rules* or *laws* that the writing staff has used for example = written.
                      allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

... ? Dude, what the fuck are you even talking about? Let me explain again.

The writers key job when it comes to comedy is to write the staging and the direction the scene is going. Is there written dialogue? Yes. However, it is pretty much ALWAYS changed by the actors. This is something you learn early one when acting. Drama, follow the script. Comedy, follow the flow.

Secondly,

Friends
                        Two and a Half Men
                        Mad About You
                        Seinfeld
                        Everybody Loves Raymond

Just a short list of shows that have used backwards storytelling in one or more episodes. The fact that HIMYM uses that technique throughout it's entire run is annoying and pretty weak. It's bad writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                          Just a short list of shows that have used backwards storytelling in one or more episodes. The fact that HIMYM uses that technique throughout it's entire run is annoying and pretty weak. It's bad writing.

BUT AREN'T GIMMICKS SUPPOSED TO BE AWESOME!?!??!?!
                          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                          you're pretty narcissistic
                          enjoy that, nobody else does.
                          Originally posted by Madklikor
                          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

(spoilers)people on the internet like to argue(/spoilers)
                            http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

if that's what these shows do to people, i'm not watching them.
                              Originally posted by kata rokkar
                              Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Working...
                              X