Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Doomtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomtree

No threads on Doomtree yet.

"Doomtree is a hip hop collective based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Members of Doomtree bring various bases of knowledge and musical backgrounds together to create alternative-influenced rap and hip hop music. Their main influence is punk and their lyrics are frequently introspective and self-degrading. They often do shows with fellow Minnesota hip-hop label Rhymesayers Entertainment. Emcees perform solo or with one another, each contributing a different approach to their music. Doomtree's debut album as a group is set for release on 7/29/08.

MCs:

P.O.S. has released two albums under the Rhymesayers record label in conjunction with the Doomtree label. His first album, Ipecac Neat, made its Rhymesayers debut in 2005 and he recently toured with Doomtree members Sims and Turbo Nemesis in promotion of his newest album Audition, released in 2006. He also performs with the punk rock group "Building Better Bombs"

Sims released his first full length album in July 2005, Lights out Paris, it received 4.5 out of 5 stars in URB Magazine (2005) and 4 out of 5 stars at okayplayer.com (2005). POS is Ruining My Life tour 2006, Vans Warped Tour 2007, Official SXSW artist 2008. His new album is expected to be released sometime this year.

Dessa released one of Doomtree's several False Hopes albums and often performs live with violinist Jessy Greene (who is featured on P.O.S's Audition). She is an accomplished spoken word poet. Her solo album is expected sometime in the near future.

Mictlan has released Doomtree False Hopes albums Deity for hire and Deity for Re-hire. Mictlan is in the process of writing and recording for an upcoming album with Lazerbeak.

Cecil Otter released Hung Over-seas, a Doomtree False Hopes album in 2003. He was also a finalist in a national spoken word competition inspired by the 2004 presidential election. He released another album, simply titled Cecil Otter's False Hopes, in 2005. In late 2006 Cecil Otter released a limited edition version of his next album Rebel Yellow at the second Doomtree Blowout.

Producers/DJs:

Paper Tiger has produced for Doomtree emcees and often spins records for Doomtree performances. He also provides graphic design for various flyers and other Doomtree visuals. His False Hopes album was released at the 3rd Annual Doomtree Blowout.

MK Larada has produced many tracks for Doomtree emcees and is also Doomtree's resident artist.

Lazerbeak (real name:Aaron Mader) has produced many tracks for Doomtree emcees as well as several other Minneapolis hip-hop artists, including Toki Wright. He is also the guitarist of Minnesota indie band The Plastic Constellations. He is currently working on an upcoming album with Mictlan. He also produced a track on Mac Lethal's recent album on Rhymesayers, 11:11.

Turbo Nemesis is the most common Doomtree DJ to spin at performances

Doomtree artists have toured and shared the stage with some of indie hip hop and rock's biggest artists, including: Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Eyedea & Abilities, Buck 65, the Hold Steady, Kool Keith, Dillinger Four, Oddjobs, Solilloquists of Sound, Gift of Gab, Wyclef Jean, the Soviettes, Mac Lethal, Immortal Technique, Brother Ali, and many, many more. "

Doomtree Records's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
    Last edited by emptyzero; July 28, 2008, 10:23 PM.

Re: Doomtree

I have one P.O.S. album. Saw him open for Minus the Bear. He was quite a showman.

I'll check this out.

Comment

Amazing CD Release show at First Avenue last night. Kill the Vultures and I Self Devine opened.

Comment

dang, I guess they need a single on the radio or tv or something.

Comment

Originally posted by kata rokkar View Post
          I have one P.O.S. album. Saw him open for Minus the Bear. He was quite a showman.

I'll check this out.
          i remember that show.

i won't check this out though.

sorry
          Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
          you're pretty narcissistic
          enjoy that, nobody else does.
          Originally posted by Madklikor
          You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

It's not bad. I'm diggin it. Not much comes out of Minnesota, just like Pittsburgh, Wiz Khalifa aside.
            Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by prophetstyle View Post
              It's not bad. I'm diggin it. Not much comes out of Minnesota, just like Pittsburgh, Wiz Khalifa aside.
              whether it was the 80s, 90s or now there's always been lots of music coming out of MN. that's not to say that I like all of this music. tons of great local stuff never garners national attention. some of these folks have...

Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Eyedea & Abilities, P.O.S., mel gibson and the pants, Heiruspecs, I Self Devine, Oddjobs, kill the vultures, Unknown Prophets, Los Nativos, Kanser, Big Quarters, Micranots

a whisper in the noise, lifter puller (the hold steady), tapes n tapes, kill sadie, cloud cult, cadillac blindside, the plastic constellations, babes in toyland, kid dakota, 12 rods, Hüsker Dü, the replacements, murder city devils, american head charge, prince, bob dylan, soul asylum (woo! run away train!), semisonic (woo! that one song!).

Comment

Working...
              X