Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Improv Everywhere: The Human Mirror [I'm sort of famous now!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improv Everywhere: The Human Mirror [I'm sort of famous now!]

Okay so back in March I did a mission in New York city for Improv Everywhere - if you are unfamiliar with them check out their website www.ImprovEverywhere.com or look them up on wikipedia but they do random (secretive) improv stunts in NYC to get reactions out of the unsuspecting public. A famous one they did last year was Frozen in Grand Central.

Well, for those of you who know (and now those that don't) I have a twin sister - we host a radio show on our college radio station WHRW named after dredg (called Penguins in the Desert) where we recently interviewed Drew this past May. When IE sent a newsletter out to their mailing list asking for identical twins a friend forwarded it to us and we sent in a picture and got the details. We had to keep what we did secret until IE released it - which they just did a couple days ago. We did more than ride the subway but I'll keep that info on the DL until I know whether or not they will ever release it.

The Human Mirror took a bunch of identical twins and created a mirror image on a subway car. People took our pictures, laughed, got confused etc.

Anyway, this morning Good Morning America featured the Human Mirror mission in their "around the cooler" segment. As a result of that, abcnews.com has the video linked on their front page, yahoo news has it linked on the front page and Yahoo.com has it linked on their page.

Here's a link to IE's site that has information on the mission, the video and pictures:
    For our latest mission, we filled a subway car with identical twins, creating a human mirror. More

And here's a direct youtube link:
    15 pairs of twins create a human mirror on a New York subway car. Full Story: http://improveverywhere.com/2008/07/06/human-mirror/ SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/...

my sister and I are seen at 0:08 in the video, I am on the right.
    @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Re: Improv Everywhere: The Human Mirror [I'm sort of famous now!]

That's pretty cool. What the hell. I'm glad I read your signature box. I didn't know they were playing New Orleans so soon.

Anyway, are you on my right or your right?
    I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
    I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
    A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
    To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

:-D

I am on the right next to the boy so the right hand side when viewing the video.
      @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Comment

yeah like I mentioned in that message I sent you the other day..the BestBuy one is the one I and many others may be familiar with this. This one though, was a bit more freaky. I should forward this to some people as that BB one was a good discussion topic. I recall a friend of mine on mp.com was looking to be, or was involved with another one of these. She lives in NYC so maybe she knew about this one too.

I still wonder though, were you and Jeri the only *jewish* twins among the mission?
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
          I still wonder though, were you and Jeri the only *jewish* twins among the mission?

I wouldn't know, why?
          @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Comment

I love improv everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Ours View Post
              I wouldn't know, why?
              oh I suppose just to distinguish yourself.
              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Wow, I really appreciate things like this. Laughter is one of the few things that can overcome differences. Thanks for being part of something that brings a light of hope into this world.

Comment

Kyle, what was the Best Buy one? I'm familiar with the frozen people at the train station and a few others, but never heard about any at Best Buy.
                  Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                  Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                    Kyle, what was the Best Buy one? I'm familiar with the frozen people at the train station and a few others, but never heard about any at Best Buy.
                    it's a good read and there are some videos there too which will probably tell the story more efficiently

80 Improv Everywhere Agents infiltrate a Best Buy, dressed like employees. More

80 Improv Everywhere Agents infiltrate a Best Buy, dressed like employees.Higher Quality Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgUIbPfhSuo&list=PL85A942DA...
                    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I had not heard of ImprovEverywhere, and now I'm addicted. The U2 spoof was hysterical, especially with that old man flipping them the bird and calling Bono a "flag-burning cocksucker."

Ours, that's so cool that you got to do that.
                      Last edited by Trathena; July 9, 2008, 09:53 PM. Reason: i swear i wasn't drunk this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                        Wow, I really appreciate things like this. Laughter is one of the few things that can overcome differences. Thanks for being part of something that brings a light of hope into this world.
                        For fear of sounding like a hippy, this is what I didn't write

Comment

Working...
                        X