Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

The Hulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hulk

...man making another one of these was a lost cause.

Saw this green fucker last night and was not much entertained aside from two awesome action sequences. Every time Liv Tyler was on screen I wanted to strangle myself and sometimes Edward Norton, who fucking wrote part of the movie, didn't even look like he wanted to be there. About as good as the Ang Lee Hulk in a much different and more stupid way.

Anyone else see it/plan on seeing it/avoiding it at all costs?

Re: The Hulk

i saw it and liked it ok. wouldn't say it was better than ang lee's (which i liked) but 'bout as good as iron man and the like. definitely better than spiderman(s)...also probably the only person who liked the happening
    Christ as fast

Comment

It was comparable to Iron Man. It sucks that all of the comic book movies are going to be like this for the foreseeable future.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by warofsound View Post
        i saw it and liked it ok. wouldn't say it was better than ang lee's (which i liked) but 'bout as good as iron man and the like. definitely better than spiderman(s)...also probably the only person who liked the happening

Since you liked the happening i disregard this whole post.
        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
          It was comparable to Iron Man. It sucks that all of the comic book movies are going to be like this for the foreseeable future.
          what the fuck was wrong with iron man?

Comment

The Hulk = awesome if you think 2 good action sequences are all a movie needs.
            Iron Man = awesome if you jack off to "hot" technology.

Both movies were decent at best outside of those qualities.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I enjoyed Iron Man because of the character and the script, honestly. I wasn't too impressed with all the goodies... it always looks like computer animation anyways. Just because something is predictable and kind of cheesy doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. Case in point - Catch Without Arms.
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Oh, I never said it wasn't enjoyable. I enjoyed The Hulk as well. But I believe both were simply okay movies, and I expected much more.

Comment

i thought that the hulk was a far superior movie than iron man, for one reason and one reason only. There were way too many stupid unbelievable corny parts in iron man and there were less in the hulk.

The hulk felt like an actual good action flick, good chase scenes, good action sequences (there were three not two) and i thought that all the acting was pretty damn good. As opposed to iron man where the only person who did a good job was robert downey jr himself.

I just liked how they gave you a little from all the hulk stories and comics... even gave you a little ang lee hulk too. It just seemed like they were trying to please the masses and did, but also made a good action movie to boot. So success in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Sittingsideways View Post
                    Since you liked the happening i disregard this whole post.
                    this kind of irrational reasoning would probably indicate why you enjoyed the hulk so much...and why you couldn't appreciate the happening. not enough action apparently. I don't need a crazy twist ending or lots of action to appreciate a movie. i try to stay open minded and not have unreasonable expectations.
                    Christ as fast

Comment

I HATED The Happening. The concept of the movie was cool, but the acting was ridiculous and the script was just lacking in so many ways. It was distracting.
                      Originally posted by Gnomad
                      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                        I HATED The Happening. The concept of the movie was cool, but the acting was ridiculous and the script was just lacking in so many ways. It was distracting.

i agree, but not with the concept. I dont understand Shamalyan's movies ever... he tries to create so much suspense when the movies dont merit that much. I mean... running away from wind? CMON... you know what this movie reminded me of? it mine as well been a stephen king book made into a tv movie. And i lost alot of respect for mark wahlberg... i cant believe you read that script and enjoyed it.

and lets be reasonable... if your going to watch a comic book movie... you are going to get unreasonable twists and plots. I just felt the hulk was a good action movie... wasnt completely unbelievable... i mean if you go into the movie saying to yourself, "okay this movie is set in a comic book universe and its about a man who turns into an oversized monster when he gets angry", as long as you understand that everything else is not even remotely ridiculous. Good acting, good story, and good relationships between people in the movie.

Comment

There were way too many stupid unbelievable corny parts in iron man and there were less in the hulk.
                          You know... just... nevermind...

Comment

Good acting, good story, and good relationships between people in the movie.
                            Did we watch the same movie? Liv Tyler was AWFUL. Half of the time, Ed Norton didn't look like he wanted to be there. They had no chemistry together, and all their interactions seemed forced.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                              Did we watch the same movie? Liv Tyler was AWFUL. Half of the time, Ed Norton didn't look like he wanted to be there. They had no chemistry together, and all their interactions seemed forced.
                              While I think you're an awful awful awful awful person for not masturbating voraciously after you left the theater for Iron Man, I agree 100% with this post.

Liv Tyler was horrendous and you'd think for having written part of the script Edward Norton would you know, act once in awhile in the movie instead of just being a zombie.

Comment

Working...
                              X