Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

I'll eat my candy with my pork and beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll eat my candy with my pork and beans

Have you guys seen the video for Weezer's "Pork and Beans" yet? (If not - click here)

I recognized a lot of the viral videos that they reference/parody but there were quite a few that I hadn't seen yet. Definitely very entertaining and distracts away from the crappy lyrics haha.
    @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Re: I'll eat my candy with my pork and beans

I wasn't crazy about it. I even liked Weezer after the green album's release despite the heat from "true" Weezer fans. After Make Believe I just sort of gave up on Weezer being good anymore.

anyway, i kinda feel after the south park episode the whole "get all the memes together thing" just doesn't seem as inventive as it would have been.

and wtf no rick roll again

Comment

I would be willing to bet that Weezer started working on this before the South Park episode aired.
      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

well..if they mock Tay Zonday I'm cool with that.
        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I love Weezer...
          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
            I would be willing to bet that Weezer started working on this before the South Park episode aired.
            so?

i just wanted a rick roll.

Comment

Don't we all, Finnegan? Don't we all?
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
              Originally posted by noclevername
              stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Simply Awesome. Plus, I think their new album is their best work since Pinkerton. "I Am the Greatest Man That Ever Lived" and " Heart Songs" are reallly good.

Comment

I can't stand Heart Songs... the lyrics are just... lame. That's my biggest complaint with them now, the lyrics are getting progressively worse.

That song mentions "Never Gonna Give You Up" though!
                  @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Comment

Great video, but the song is alright

I like the main riff, until the chorus comes in, and it just becomes boring

Ventrio added 5 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

god damn...the britney spears kid is just so damn creepy
                    Last edited by Ventrio; June 1, 2008, 04:32 PM.

Comment

The CD is going to be $5.99 (!!!) this week at Circuit City.

Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Is that Kevin Federline??

And that vapid beauty contestant?

I only recognize a few of the famous you tube people. Of course I recognize the Britney kid. Why does he creep you out, Ventrio? He's just a little drama queen. And he actually looks kind of beautiful in this video. To me, anyway.

And I adore the Chocolate Rain kid.

This song is a repeat of everything I already know about Weezer's music.

Comment

Then you haven't heard good Weezer. Download/buy Pinkerton.

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
                            Is that Kevin Federline??

And that vapid beauty contestant?

I only recognize a few of the famous you tube people. Of course I recognize the Britney kid. Why does he creep you out, Ventrio? He's just a little drama queen. And he actually looks kind of beautiful in this video. To me, anyway.

And I adore the Chocolate Rain kid.

This song is a repeat of everything I already know about Weezer's music.

Yes it's K-Fed - it's spoofing a clip on youtube taken from MTV when he was in the studio debuting his song Paupauzoa (or however it's spelled) and he was rocking out like his song was the shit (even though it sucks) just like he is in the Weezer video.

Miss Teen South Carolina "will it blend?" blending a map

And yeah I second it, download/buy Pinkerton. You will not be disappointed.

RICK ROLLING UPDATE:
                            Turns out in an alternate version of the video (the one that will be played on MTV... as if MTV plays music videos) has a rock rolling reference I think it's text that blares over the screen "you've just been rick rolled"

also, my college radio station changed our delay to the chorus of Never Gonna Give You Up so that we could rick roll our programming. We had a 24 hour radio-athon to raise money for a charity and at 7am I got a call about the "random george michael songs" and I explained it was a joke and that's Rick Astley and told the caller to wikiapedia rick rolling LOL
                            @HayleyFiasco

Penguins in the Desert

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                              Then you haven't heard good Weezer.
                              That's very true. I've only heard what made the radio years ago. My brother is a huge fan and says that Rivers Cuomo (did I spell that correctly?) is a genius. I really need to catch up. Thank you for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X