Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

WoW (yes, the game...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW (yes, the game...)

Do any of you still play WoW?

I was playing and I've been in several guilds with my father and some of his work buddies, but my father decided he'd rather play AoC (Age of Conan for you non-nerds). My computer can't run AoC... so... WoW or death, damnit! Seriously, anyone? And if so, are you uber players? If you're uber, don't respond. I don't want to play with you. Shitty players only please, thanks.

Re: WoW (yes, the game...)

heh, half my friends play it but I find MMORPG's to be awe inspiring dull and repetitive.
    sigpic
    We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
    happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

I started playing in 05, have been playing on and off ever since...

My brother recently got into it though, so I may start playing again
      (especially since it's summer now and i have so much more free time, what better way to enjoy the weather than sit inside I say!)

Despite all my time playing, I only have one character to show for it, a 68 Troll Rogue on Shattered Halls. All the other characters I made I got bored with and deleted (I know, very dumb of me)

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness View Post
        heh, half my friends play it but I find MMORPG's to be awe inspiring dull and repetitive.
        I'm the opposite, though it does get boring if that's all you do.

Originally posted by Ventrio View Post
        I started playing in 05, have been playing on and off ever since...

Despite all my time playing, I only have one character to show for it, a 68 Troll Rogue on Shattered Halls. All the other characters I made I got bored with and deleted (I know, very dumb of me)
        I have two 70's and 4 mid-level characters on Sisters of Elune (shitty RP server), and several other characters spread out over a few servers, but I've never been a gear hound so the higher characters are not as good as most assume. The next expansion is set to come out on an unannounced Fall date, so it may be a good time to restart if you're still interested.
        Last edited by Ooga; May 30, 2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I still play... kind of... I haven't touched the game in a month cause I'm burnt out on everything...

Comment

Played after a buddy got me a few months for free. Really liked it up until I noticed how seriously a few of my friends took it. Eventually I just spent less and less time caring until I stopped playing. They still ask me when I plan on coming back. total cryfest.

Despite me quitting over a year ago, I still can't bring myself to delete the game off my lcomputer

Comment

yea i play off and on. i usually play during my breaks from college and i cancel my subscription during school. i just graduated a week ago tho so i will probably start again soon. my gf plays so i will probably start playing with her again

Comment

i bought the game a couple of years ago and played it for a while. i still play occasionally, but i usually only get to around 20- or 30 before i re roll. My girlfriend at the time picked up the habit pretty bad though (after worrying I would do the same). i would honestly say that one of the reasons we broke up was because of WOW. She let herself go (she seriously gained a good 30-40 lbs sitting in front of the computer), she let the house we shared go to shit, and our daughter even took a backseat to the game. she figured if i was there with the kid, she was free to spend 8-12 hours minimum playing. There were times that she'd wake up at 9 or 10 am and play straight through until 3 or 4 am. I think she actually plays less now that i broke up with her and moved out, but I really don't care. It fucking makes me sick, and really put me off on ever wanting to get into it too seriously.

The funny part is that I knew her when she was hooked on meth, and i knew her when she was hooked on wow.

I preferred her being hooked on meth.
                http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

wow....

... Damnit! Pun definitely not intended

Comment

Originally posted by noclevername View Post
                    i bought the game a couple of years ago and played it for a while. i still play occasionally, but i usually only get to around 20- or 30 before i re roll. My girlfriend at the time picked up the habit pretty bad though (after worrying I would do the same). i would honestly say that one of the reasons we broke up was because of WOW. She let herself go (she seriously gained a good 30-40 lbs sitting in front of the computer), she let the house we shared go to shit, and our daughter even took a backseat to the game. she figured if i was there with the kid, she was free to spend 8-12 hours minimum playing. There were times that she'd wake up at 9 or 10 am and play straight through until 3 or 4 am. I think she actually plays less now that i broke up with her and moved out, but I really don't care. It fucking makes me sick, and really put me off on ever wanting to get into it too seriously.

The funny part is that I knew her when she was hooked on meth, and i knew her when she was hooked on wow.

omigod

what is your girlfriends name... I gotta group wit dat...

Comment

Damn, that gives me a standalone reason to never play that game again.

To be honest, it was the best MMORPG I've ever played, but it just took way too much of my free time. When I played, I would play a character nonstop until I lost interest, then I would quit for a month and start another character. This cycle continued until I realized how much of my free time was actually being devoted to this video game, and I quit cold turkey. I quit for about a year and started to play with my brother again for about one or two months, but I never got into it as much as I was in the first place. I quit again, and haven't played it since.
                      http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                      seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by noclevername View Post

Yeah, at least on meth the house would be clean and she would want to get laid. I have never understood how you can waste months or years of your life on such a repetitive ass game. It is not even a pretty game, if they had a online game with oblivion's graphics I might play it every once in a while.
                        sigpic
                        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.

Comment

I prefer gameplay to graphics. WoW has some neat shit. However, I think I might quit again. A game that's never done was appealing at first... but then I started agreeing with what I was arguing against with a lot of people in the first place... without completion, where's the sense of satisfaction? WoW also helped me discover, I don't dig on online multiplayer too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
                            I prefer gameplay to graphics.
                            Most smart gamers do.

Comment

I agree but nice graphics with good game play are doubly good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X